Chapter Twenty Two : I never did

We were sitting in the school cafeteria where everywhere was full of noises and motion but then there was us, mute and tension felt. I put a spoonful of rice into my mouth but it was hard to chew unlike the other days. I looked up at Jungkook and he too was concentrating so much on the food. Everything was just different today.

"Did he hear what I said earlier? But isn't it the right thing?" lots of thought when through my head that suddenly I choked on my own food.

*Cough cough cough cough*

"Are you ok?? Here drink some water" he blurted without hesitation handing me his cup of water

"It's fine. I-I'm fine" I said as I quickly drank my own cup of water

After the incident once again, silence overcame around the table.

"Jeon Jungkook"

"Yoon Ahyoung"

We both called out each other names at the same time

"I knew I had to do this sooner or later and this was the right moment. It's for his own good Yoon Ahyoung"

"I don't want to be around you anymore"

I could see his disbelief eyes staring towards mine. His eyes telling me he was already expecting something bad.

"You heard it didn't you? My conversation with Nara. Well, everything I said was the tru-"

"Ahh that! It was a joke right? Yah you should stop with those unfunny lame jokes. You really did scare me for a while. Arraseo I admit you got me this time" he said as he chuckled awkwardly but his laugh different from before.

I felt a huge lump in my throat hearing him said that. Why was he making it so hard for me to do this?"

"It's not a joke. It's the truth"

"Yoon Ahyoung.. stop joking aroun-"

"I'M NOT JOKING AROUND JUNGKOOK. Everything I did with you, it was all for money. You know how much I am poor. Can't you tell I obviously used you?"

"Something is wrong isn't it? Is it your dad? I can help you" he said his words sounding softer and shallower

"Ani nothing is wrong, you're the problem Jeon Jungkook" I stated clearly giving out a fake glare towards him

"Enough of this. Let's not see each other from now on and even if we meet on the way, let's not greet each other. It's not like we were couples anyway" standing up from the table I took fast yet heavy steps outside of the cafeteria.

Tears fell from my eyes continuously. I didn't know why I was feeling this way but it's over now. We were nothing to begin with but now, everything is over. Just everything.

_________________________

"Hello"

"Nara I got good news and I'm sure you will love it"

"Speak"

"That trash Yoon Ahyoung, you thought she was just like us with golden background right? Well listen up, her mom died when she was 16 and she has a younger sister and a father who is always drinking. Their family live in a small place just around the school. LOL what a joke, I knew she was up to something but guess what? here is the interesting part, the reason for her mom's dead is still unknown and even Yoon Ahyoung herself is still unsure"

"Thank you for the info Sowon"

*End of phone call*

_____________________________

I couldn't concentrate on anything for the whole day. After what happened, how could I. Hyungwon passed me a note asking me if I was ok but I ended up ignoring it. Although I felt bad, I knew I wasn't in my right mind and luckily he wasn't in my Thursday class.

"Excuse me miss can I go to the washroom?" I stood up catching the attention of everyone from class.

The teacher nodded as I quickly escape from my classroom heading to what I called it my safe place which was the long staircase of our school. As I sat down, someone sat beside me right away. I quickly looked at the person.

"Are you ok? You don't look so well in class" Hyungwon asked looking worried

"I'm fine. Thanks for worrying" I said softly as both of us went silent

"I don't know what's going on but I hate seeing you like this. Please smile Ahyoung ah because you look the prettiest when you smile" Hyungwon said as he slowly brushed my head.

That was when I couldn't control my emotions anymore. I remembered Jungkook brushing my hair several times. I remembered his comfort, his smile, his warmth. I started to get teary. Why are you like this Yoon Ahyoung? Stop thinking about him. Just stop.

Tears started to stream down from my eyes one by one and later I couldn't stop myself. I was crying so hard I didn't realise Hyungwon wrapped his arms around my shoulder for comfort. Honestly, I really needed it.

"Thank you Hyungwon. You're a nice person" I gave out a faint smile

"Is it because of him?" he asked his voice shallow and serious

I nodded slowly yet weakly

______________________________

Finally school was over. I felt as if it was slower than before. Unlike the other days it was such pathetic fallacy; Just like my mood, the weather was dull and darker today.

I took slow steps home looking up at the dark, sad sky.

"When did I become this way? Feeling down and nauseous" I thought as I continue dragging my feet towards. Suddenly a hand grabbed and pulled my wrist so hard it got me to turn towards the person directly.

"Tell me you don't mean it. It's all a lie right? Whatever the problem is, let me help you" Jungkook forcefully grip onto my wrist

"Let me go!" I wiggled my hand out of his grip as I was on the verge of crying again but I kept it in so hard

"DO I REALLY MEAN NOTHING TO YOU?" he pulled me even closer towards him

"Do I really mean nothing to you Yoon Ahyoung.." his voice got softer and I could see through his sincerity.

My heart dropped hearing those words from him. I wanted to tell him how much he meant to me and how much of an amazing person he was.

"Why can't you see that??! I NEVER LIKED YOU FROM THE BEGINNING JEON JUNGKOOK. I HATE EVERYTHING U EVER DID AND I STILL HATE YOU TILL NOW SO CAN YOU PLEASE STOP BECAUSE I NEVER DID EVEN CONSIDER YOU AS A FRIEND"

Silence overcame in that moment and all I could hear was strong wind blowing towards our direction as if a storm was coming in sooner.

"Okay. It's confirmed" Jungkook said under his breath as his face changed into something I feared the most. This was it, the cold arrogant boy is back.

____________________________

MUST READ!

Ok first of all, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR THE 8k VIEWS GUYS like I'm not good with words but I promise y'all better stories in the future like really <3

ANOTHER MUST READ!

I'm proud to tell you guys that the reason why my updates have been really slow is because, I will be starting a new story sooner or later (yayyyy) and you can see the hint above (*the wallpaper* hehe) so I hope you all look forward to a new and much more interesting plot! ^^

P.S. GEEZ I TOTALLY FORGOT CREDITS FOR MY NEW FANFIC COVER GOES TO MY BEST FRIEND jstgrey !