"What?!" Ella shrieks, a bit too loud making a couple of people look at them. She ducks her head in embarrassment and continues. "Are you serious? No, no, I can't. Oh my God, I'd probably make a fool out of myself. Wait, does he know about...this?"

Niall nods and takes a sip of his water. "Yeah, he's like one my best mates. So, I would think he'd like to meet my, umm, fake girlfriend."

"Speaking of that," Ella starts saying. "What is our story? Like...how did we meet?"

Niall shrugs and taps his fingers on the table. He hasn't thought about that...

"Uh, I don't know really," he replies. "You got any ideas?"

Ella doesn't speak for a while making Niall feel uncomfortable with the silence.

"I guess you could say like, we met at like...a friend's party, which we did, and you made the first move. And since you're so charming and what not, I couldn't help resist your awful pick up lines."

"Heeeyy," Niall whines. "My pick up lines aren't that bad. They actually work."

"On drunk girls, yes, but I'm not one of those girls," she says cooly. "I'm different remember?"

How could he forget? Ella is such a modest, mature girl. She doesn't flaunt her body, which is rather eye catching, like the other girls he's attracted to. But...there's something about Ella that Niall is strangely attracted to.

"Yeah, you sure are." He takes another bite. "So, like, have you ever had any past relationships that lasted longer than a month?"

"Yeah, my longest relationship was about a year and half. He was a douche bag from Brighton that cheated on me with my best friend."

"Really? Why would he? You're such a nice girl," Niall rambles. "Obviously, he's blind. One day, he'll see you star in a grand movie of some sort and regret cheating on you."

She laughs, crinkles forming around her eyes, and shakes her head. "No, no. I doubt that will happen."

Niall leans back in his chair and studies her complexion. He notices little freckles around her nose and cheeks on her pale skin. He also notices how long her lashes are. Damn...

"So, how come you haven't had any serious relationships?" Ella asks suddenly brining him back to reality.

"I...well, I guess I'm not the type to have a long term relationship. Or I haven't found the right girl that would like me for who I am. I don't know honestly." Niall runs his hand through his hair, a nervous habit. He hates it when people just catch him off guard with these type of personal questions. What the hell?

"Right, understandable I guess. Is it hard? Being in the spotlight the whole time?" Ella shoves her plate away, giving him her full attention.

"Sometimes it is, yeah. There are days where I wish I can go to the supermarket without being papped to death. But," Niall shrugs. "It is what it is."

Ella gives him a small smile. "I bet it is. I mean, that's probably going to happen to us? Being papped to death."

"Yeah probably." He puts his napkin on the plate and pats his stomach. "But don't worry about getting hurt. My guns and I will protect you." He proceeds to flex his biceps, causing her to giggle.

Niall can't help but laugh along with her. At least her knows she's not so uptight like the other girls he has met.

"Are you ready to go? I have to be back in 15 minutes," Ella says already standing up.

"Sure thing."

------------------------

"Did you really mean about introducing Ed to me?" Ella asks as they walk around the block to the flower shop. He couldn't find any parking spots nearby so he opted to park farther and walk with her.

"Yeah, that's if you want I mean." Niall slides down his sunglasses from his head. Did he really just tell her he'd take her to meet Ed?

"Yeah, that'd be cool," she replies softly.

They fall silent for a while, letting Niall ponder up an idea of how he's going to introduce her to Ed.

"Niall," she says intrupting his thoughts. "I think we're being followed. Look behind you."

He takes a quick glance behind them and surely enough she was right. There are about 3 paps keeping a distance, about 20 feet.

"What should we do?" he whispers. "Should we like...hold hands?"

"Not instantly, that'll look suspicious. Here, I'll pretend I'm laughing and then we can slowly make our way to holding hands."

"You know, you don't have to pretend to laugh. I can surely make you laugh." Niall shoots her a quick smile.

She chuckles and shoves him gently. "Oh yeah? Give it a try since you're feeling so confident."

"Okay, knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Cargo."

"Cargo who?"

"Nooo, car goes vroom."

Ella rolls her eyes and laughs. "That was so terrible Horan!"

"But it made you laugh!" He says nudging her in the side. She sticks her tongue out.

"Yeah, yeah don't get too cocky now."

They finally reach the flower shop and Niall turns to her. "So, I'll see you later yeah?"

Ella turns to him and glances quickly to the paps. "Eh, yeah I guess. They're still looking."

"What should I do?"

And before Niall can keep asking, she quickly kisses his cheek.

"There. That'll be fine. Don't look so shock! Jesus Christ! You could at least smile awkwardly."

Niall didn't even realize his mouth was hanging open slightly. He quickly shuts it and smiles awkwardly. That was so unexpected and...soft. He's gonna have to get use to the abrupt PDA.

"There you go Horan. I'll text you later. Erm, have fun going back to your car."

Shit. That's right. He's gonna have to walk past the paps never ending questions after that small show of affection.

"Dammit. Eh, nothing I can't handle." He grins. "Anyway, I'll see ya later."

Without thinking, he pulls Ella into a quick hug.

"I thought you knew nothing about PDA," she whispers.

"A hug I can do," he replies. "Plus, I felt like it."

Ella looks up at him and raises an eyebrow. "You sap. You're losing your bad, player points!"

"Isn't that the goal?"

They look at each other for a while before a smile forms on her face.

"Indeed it is. Okay, seriously, I need to go. Byeeee."

Before he can reply, she scurries into the flower shop and Niall is left standing there alone. Techincally, he's not alone but still.

He sighs deeply and looks over at the paps. They're still taking pictures of him. He gives them a slight nod and starts making his way towards them. They yell out questions about the "mysterious girl." Instead of answering, Niall keeps his mouth shut.

Once he got into his car, he smirks to himself.

Let the game begin...

------------------

Hope you enjoyed it! I'll update when I can! Vote, Comment, and Follow!