Chapter 32 - Pay Back Hurts

Start from the beginning

"You're all set son." The guy said. I thanked him and quickly got into the car. I started it again and drove off.   

When I got to the house. I jumped out of my car and ran straight into the house. I looked in each room for them, until I found them in the upstairs bedroom. I ran to my parents, who were on the bed. Their bodies on the bed, their feet covered in soars that reveals their bone underneath. My mother grabbed my hand tightly and looked into my eyes. 

"Son. My sweet boy. Please change your ways. W-We raised you the way you are t-today and we are paying for it. P-Please ch-change your ways before you end up how your father and I are right now." She said. She let go of my hand and held onto my fathers hand. They shared 'I love yous' and then she looked back at me. 

"Mother, It'll be okay." I said softly. 

"I-It's too late for us now. We must go face the moon goddess now. I-I love....." She managed to say before she screamed then burst into flames. 

I backed away, tears running from my eyes to my cheeks. Another scream of horror filled the room. I looked at the bed where my mother's ashes lay and now my father's I dropped to the floor, immediate sadness coming over me. I screamed loudly in frustration, sadness, and anger. I crawled to the bed and looked at the ashes of my parents. My hands began to trembled as I touched the ashes, wishing that this was all a bad dream. 

"Please let this be a dream. Please, Please. Come back to me, please." I begged, tears heavily running down my cheeks as I look at the bed. I felt as if my life just ended. My mothers words kept playing over and over and over in my head. The words of her begging me to change my ways. The horrifying scene of my mother and father just gone, played in my head. The sound of their screams as they burst into flames repeatedly played for my eyes over and over. 

Then I wondered, did the moon goddess do this for me to feel hurt, for me to feel pain, for me to experience what it was like for Luke. What it was like being hurt, being verbally, physically and mentally hurt. Was this her plan all this time. Is she this cruel? Or did we deserve this?

~

The Next Day

I opened my eyes, getting off the floor. I looked at the bed where my parents was just there a day ago. I walked out of the room, my body aching, my heart aching, and my wolf silent. I walked down the stairs and into the living room where I found Justin laying on the floor, and Taylor on the sofa. I walked towards them, and went to the floor to Justin. I shook his body lightly awaiting some sort of response from him. He groaned and opened his eyes slowly and looked at me. He sat up and leaned back against the sofa, looking down at his leg. 

"Justin? What's wrong, where's your parents?" I asked. He looked at me and burst into tears. 

"They're gone too Michael." He said. 

I wrapped my arms around his body tightly trying to comfort him. "It's going to be okay. We all will get through this together." 

"What did we do to deserve this. Why did this happen? Why?" He questioned.

"I think we did deserve this. We just.... We just have to start to do our parts before it happens to us. Let's clean up their ashes, change what needs to change and then we'll discuss what we'll do from now on afterwards." I said. 

"This is because of him! He did this to them. He killed them." He said ignoring what I said.

"Justin calm down and explain what you mean." 

"L-Luke. He did this. He killed them, Michael. He did this. I'm going to kill him." He said as he let go of me. 

"Justin, listen. We have to stop the blaming and we must stop hating on Luke. He did nothing wrong. He gave us this house for crying out loud. If it wasn't for him we would of been dead the day we saw the mood goddess. We should be thanking him. And I know you're upset and angry about losing your parents, I am too about losing mine, but blaming isn't going to bring them back." I said. 

"You're just saying that. You're nothing but a worthless fucking omega! Just like Luke!" He shouted, got up and left the room. I remained where I was, feeling like utter shit. 

"That's how Luke felt." I heard my sister's voice. "We deserve this. All of it." She added. 

"I know. I know." I said lowly as I sat on the floor. 

"Let's just get everything cleaned up." She said also getting up and leaving the room. I got up and followed after her.

After all three of us cleaned and changed what needed to be changed. We each took a shower. Taylor and I decided to head into town to our new jobs, leaving Justin behind at the house as he hesitated on leaving the house. When I got to the local mall, she got out and waved goodbye. I wished her a good day and for her to stay strong, she returning the wished to me. I then drove to the supermarket where I recently started working. I went through my shift without any incidents and I was just in a rush to get home. Taylor called and said she's being dropped off home so I don't have to drop her off again. 

I made my way back home and walked in. The memories again replaying. I sighed and took a deep breath as further in. I called out for someone to answer, which earned me a response from Taylor.

"Michael, Justin isn't here. He left." She said running into the living room where I was. 

"What do you mean by he left?" I asked her.

"He's gone. Look.." She said handing me a piece of paper. 

Dear Michael and Taylor

I'm sorry for just picking myself up and leaving, but things need to be settled between my brother and I. He killed my parents and he killed yours too. You shouldn't be angered or upset of my plans, you should be proud.

I'll return when Luke is dead and gone for. He needs to pay for what he did.

See you when I can - Justin

"He's going to kill Luke?!" I asked.

"Seems so." Taylor answered. 

"B-But he did nothing wrong."

"He doesn't seem to think so." She said. 

I got up and ran to the kitchen where I picked up my phone and dialed Luke's number. It rang and rang until it went to voicemail. 

"Luke, please call me as soon as you get this." I said, then hung up. 

I sat down on the counter and sighed heavily. What was going on? My phone went off and I picked it up immediately.

"You wanted me to call?" Luke's angelic voice came over the phone. 

"Luke, your parents are dead and so are mine." I said.

"I'm sorry for your lose." He said.

"Don't you care that your parents died?" I asked.

"Remember what I told you last time?" 

"Yes, the old lady is your parent." I said.

"Correct, so is that it?" He asked.

"Oh, uh, No. Justin thinks you killed your parents as well as mine and he's supposedly heading your way to kill you.." I said.

"O-Kay? Well, thanks for the info. I'll look out for him and welcome him with open arms." He said chuckling.

"You seem to be not scared." 

"And why would I be scared?" He asked. 

" I don't know. I mean if someone was coming to kill me I'd be terrified." 

"You forgot the ass whopping I gave you, I think I can handle myself. Plus there's Eryk for that. Right now I don't want to put any stress on myself." He said 

"Well, be safe. Tell the boys I said 'Hello'" 

"I will. I'm sorry to hear about your parents. Talk with you soon." He said hanging up.

I looked at the phone and shock my head. "Justin is walking into a death trap." I said to myself.

--------------------

Thanks fro reading. Many of you all wanted a sequel, and I also got lots of DM's asking to put the sequel as part of this book, instead of making a whole new one. So I guess we'll see. Just comment which you prefer. 

Thanks. 💞