29

The entire way into the hospital and all the way up into the room Regan held my hand while walking with me.

After they got all the tubbing and wires set up Regan sat with me. Never once did we let go of each others hand. Only if we were switching hands would we let go.
"Ok Allen your tests are very serious but as of right now I would have to ask that you sleep." The doctor said and we looked at him confused.

"Well obviously get some rest but why do you seem so serious about it?" Regan asked rubbing his thumb across the back of my hand.

"Well judging by your test results you haven't slept for three to four months now." The doctor said. Regan shot me a glance. "If you dont sleep you could seriously harm your body even more." He said and I sighed. "I will be back tomorrow morning to check on you. A nurse will check up on you periodically." He said and I nodded as best I could.

He smiled then turned while walking from the room. He turned the lights off. This was the first time we were alone.

"Allen?" I looked up at him but his head was looking down at our hands. "Baby im so sorry. I should never have brought you out that night and im such an idiot for m...." I cut him off by cupping his cheek in my hand and shaking my head.

"Stop." I said. My thunb ran over the corner of his lips. I wiped a tear that slipped from his eye away. I pulled away and laid my forehead on his.

"It's not your fault Regan." Was all I said while gripping his hands. My throat burned so talking wasnt easy.

I bit my lip as I slid over as best I could and patted the bed next to me. He smiled and crawled in next to me. He hesitated before wrappng his arms around me. I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heart beat as he sighed.

I closed my eyes for the first time in months in an attempt to fall asleep. As I laid there images filtered through my mind and I hadn't realized I had gripped his shirt until he grabbed my hand and kissed it in reassurance.

"Your safe now Allen it's ok." He said while kissing my forehead. I sighed. Slowly I began to fall asleep. But as I began to drift off my fathers voice yelled at me.

"Get up you fag! I'll kill you if you sleep!" He yelled and I shot up in the bed now fully awake. I grabbed my hip and whimpered as pain shot through it.

"Shush baby it's ok." Regan coohed while rubbing my back. He touched my arm and I flinched unintentionally. He instantly pulled away but I didnt want him to. I felt tears slip down my cheeks as I searched the dark room for any of them. I hated fealing like this. I hated feeling so vulnerable. "Allen it's ok." Regan said but I shook my head.

"He's gonna come back for me." I crocked out with a few stutters.

"Allen he cant get in here there are people gaurding the doors. Its safe." Regan said. Everytime he tried to touch me I would flinch by accident. Now he would reach his hand out but pull away on his own. He was doing it almost as if to ask permission to touch me.

I finally couldnt take it any more I needed him to hold me. I leaned into him and he instantly wrapped his arms around my shaking body. I cried into his chest and balled his shirt in my fists.

He rubbed my back gently and ran his fingers through my hair. He didnt try to stop me he just let me cry. He held me even when I heard some one come in. I just couldnt stop crying. I couldn't take it anymore. I knew he wasnt there but he was. The tears began to slow down after I dont know how long.

Regan still didnt let me go afterwards and I was glad because I was such a baby.

"Al?" My mother's voice said and I jumped. I pulled away from Regan a little while still being carefull not to hurt myself. I looked up at my mother whos baggy eyes were full of tears. She reached her out and once again I flinched on reflex. I saw sadness in her eyes as she pulled her hand away.

However I grabbed it and pulled her to me. She instantly wrapped her arms around me and began to cry. To the point were it wasnt her hugging me it was her clinging to me like I would die if she left. I felt some tears prick my eyes but they didnt fall.

"Dont you ever and I mean ever do this again." She cried into my shoulder. "Or I swear I will hit the back of your head so hard your children will feel it." She said making me laugh a little and she kissed my head.