9

When we got to school we headed inside. I was about to go to my locker when I was pushed into a closet.

"What the hell?" I said my back hitting the wall slightly.

"Look I'm sorry Allen I shouldn't have said anything just please don't be mad at me. I can't take it when your mad at me." Regan said surprising me.

"I think this is the first time I've ever been mad at you and you know it." I said still annoyed.

"And I already can't take it." He said.

I sighed. "Why do you care if I'm mad. Besides the fact that your living in my house and I've been nice to you?" I asked and he shook his head.

After i finally regained all my senses and not just anger my head pounded with pain in the area where i had gotten hit with the bottle. Almost as if reading my mind Regan put his hand on my chin. He turned my head to the side and spoke.

"How did this happen?" He asked.

"That's how one of the guys at your place woke up. He threw a bear bottle at the guy named Ronnie but missed and it hit my head. Then i stumbled into the kitchen making it creak." I said. His deadly green eyes held nothing but worry. He looked around for a second then went behind a shelf still looking and i sighed.

After about a few minutes he came back over with paper towels. "Sit." He said and i huffed. I did it anyway and he knelt down in front of me. I leaned my back against the wall with a sigh. He placed the paper towel on my head gently. Pain shot though it despite his gentleness. I hissed and jerked away. "Sorry but i think there is still a piece of glass in it." He said and I winced. "Can I try to get it out?" He asked and I nodded. His hand gripped my head and his thumb laid on my forehead. He pressed up and I hissed loudly. The I heard a tiny clink and he quickly pressed the paper towel to my head.

"Is it bad?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No it was smaller than I thought and the cuts not that big." He said. We sat quietly for a while. I just let him clean my head even though I was still mad at him. Maybe in wasn't mad at him but the situation in general. "Allen." Regan said after a while. I looked at him. "Can I ask you a question?" He asked and my jaw tensed. "I don't want you to get mad." He said and I gave him an 'oh really' look. I sighed.

"Shoot." I said and closed my eyes as he put another towel to my head.

"Why did you get mad?" He asked and I threw my hands in my lap. How did I know he was gonna ask that? "You don't have to answer I'm just trying to understand." He said. This surprised me.

"I..um wow I was not expecting you to say the last part." I said with a few stutters.

"Like I said I'm just trying to understand." He said looking at the cut again then wiping my temple with another towel. We were silent again then I sighed. I don't know what made me stalk but my voice must have had a mind of it own.

"I'm mad because I'm the one who's supposed to be helping you but somehow you have just rung your way under my skin and now you know more stuff then I would like and it makes you feel entitled to help me. Your not and I hate that you think you are. In the alley you asked me why I don't be my self when I tell you to be and that made me mad because if I do I will get treated even worse then i  already do. I'm comfortable with the way I have to be and if I go and change it my life will become the shittiest thing in the world." I said. Not looking at him. He had stopped wiping my head and talking abut how I used to be made tears sting my eyes. They didn't fall but they threatened to.

"How so?" He asked hesitantly.

"Why do you care Regan. You know what why did you start hanging out with me anyway." I said officially not caring how much of a dick I was sounding like. I wanted answers and I couldn't help it.

"Because I like you a lot Allen." He said and I looked up at him confused. Then he grabbed my coat and pulled me to him.

His lips met mine. I sucked in a sharp breath cause i wasn't expecting how forcefully he kissed me let alone kissed me at all. I sat there wide eyed for a moment then i slowly found my self kissing him back. My chest was pulled flush against his and I could feel my heart racing. I hadn't realize i had gabbed his waist until he moved so he could wrap his arms around my neck and pulled me closer. I wanted to pull away and tell him that i was still mad. I wanted to scream at him but i didn't at the same time. So i just kept kissing him. My neck began to hurt as he pulled me harder. I pulled on his hips so he straddled my waist and he pressed me hard against the wall. He groaned against my lips as i kissed him harder. His knees boxed me in and I ran my my hands along his chest until I could grab the sides of his neck and pull him impossibly closer. Every thing i was mad about was gone and all i could think about was how amazing his lips felt on mine. We pulled away from each other almost as if on cue and leaned our foreheads together. We breathed heavily as we sat there. His breath fanned across my face but i didn't care.

"Your good at apologies." i said breathlessly and he giggled. I didn't open my eyes i just held him. His fingers kneaded through my hair.

I sighed at the feeling of his hands in my hair. It reminded me of what my brother Eric would do when i was way younger. Then suddenly images of my father flashed through myinf with his hands rubbing my sisters legs perversely and him hitting my mom. Hitting me.

Tears slipped from my eyes uncontrollably. The horrible memories filled my thoughts because Regan's words made me think of it. Now that's all I keep thinking about.

"Hey shush whats wrong Allen?" Regan said pulling me to his shoulder. I kept shaking my head because I didn't know what to say I didn't want to explain it to him because it would kill me. He rubbed my back as I cried into his shoulder. I wasn't sobbing but I did cry. "Allen shhhhs. Tell me what's wrong." He said making me shake my head.

"No Regan I cant...t. I cant!" Was all I could say. I think my body was trying to have a panic attack.
"Shush Allen ok. Calm down you don't have to tell me just relax." He said gently. I had gripped the sides of his coat tightly. Slowly I began too calm down as he spoke to me.

****

The rest of the day went well until P.E. came around and I instantly began to space out as my thoughts became memories that made me want to shrivel up and die. Class was over and we were all in the locker room. I don't quiet remember what happened. One moment I was grabbing my bag thanking the lord that I had made it. The next I'm smashed against the lockers with a boy's fist flying at my face. They were saying stuff like we always knew you were a fag and that they should kill my mom for giving birth to me or some shit. All I can remember was me ending in a panic attack then I was out.