Chapter 22: Braided Justice

Start from the beginning

“Morning Nora!” Ellie dropped what she was doing and hugged Nora, I smiled, glad to see my two favorite girls getting along so well.

“Morning! My god that smells incredible!” Nora and Ellie finished making breakfast and soon we were all sat up at the counter digging in to the delicious homemade meal. We all talked through mouthfuls of egg and coffee and Nora was just telling us about how annoying Harry’s snoring had been when all of a sudden her face drained of it’s usual color and her had clamped over her mouth. It seemed like even at home we couldn’t escape the morning sickness and I had immediately jumped up to go help her but Ellie insisted instead that she help her this time. They were only a few short minutes in the bathroom and by the time the two of them came back Nora looked refreshed and back to her usual self.

“You okay Blondie?” She nodded and smiled before the two girls went back to the giggly conversation they had been having before.

“Oh Lou is it okay if I steal Nora away from you guys today? Because even though she manages extremely well to pull off these track pants and old t-shirts I thought we could go shopping today with the money that the amnesia research fund gave her last week.”

“Yeah that’s no problem, just keep in touch today so we know that you’re okay.” I was glad that Nora would be able to go out with Ellie but I always worried about her going out on her own. They discussed all the places they were going to go and what they were going to do when Harry wandered into the room, rubbing his eyes and dragging his feet.

“Nice of you to finally join us Hazza.” He just mumbled a response and sat down, gratefully taking the mug of steaming coffee that Nora slid across the table to him.

“Okay well I should probably head back to my apartment but I’ll be back to get you later Nora.” Nora got up and walked Ellie down, but not before I helped her gather up her stuff and kissed her goodbye.

(NORA’S POV)

“Bye, I’ll see you later!” Ellie waved out window of the bright yellow cab before it pulled away from the curb and into the long rows of traffic ahead. I wrapped my jumper tighter around me as I tried to keep out the billowing winds of London in early winter. Once she was out of view I quickly ran back into the apartment block and rubbed my fingers together trying to warm myself up. After a quick elevator ride back up I was sitting down on the couch with Louis and Harry while they caught up on old X-Factor shows from the current season that they had missed while they were with me.

“Come on he was obviously better! This is a joke I’m not watching anymore!” Harry became very attached to some of the contestants and he leapt up off of the couch only to come running back one minute later when he heard his other favorite contestant’s name being called. I laughed as he practically threw himself onto the couch to get there in time and landed sprawled across both of our laps.  He stayed that way until I noticed Louis arms slowly inching towards Harry’s waist then the, bam. Like a bomb exploding Harry leapt up but not before Louis grabbed him around the waist and then called for me to help hold him down. Laughing like a madman while Louis continued to tickle him, Harry called out for help but I couldn’t resist helping Lou so I helped to tackle him and I sat down on his feet while Louis tickled him until all three of us were in fits of laughter.

“Please, please, no, stop-” Harry begged through laughing fits and soon I flopped myself down on top of him to stop Louis from tickling him anymore, which turned out to not be such a good idea after all.

The second I had laid down on Harry’s torso a wide grin split across his face, “Thanks babe, but sorry, I just can’t resist.” Suddenly two pairs of strong hands gripped me and flipped me over so that they could both reach over me and tickle me until I couldn’t breathe. I laughed harder than I had in all of the time that I could remember and it took me lying and saying that I was going to be sick for them both to pull back. I took that opportunity to leap up and run to the kitchen for cover but Harry tried to run after me only to end up slipping and falling flat on his back from trying to run in socks on the hardwood floors. This only caused us laugh even more and it was several minutes before Louis and I could get up to go help Harry. Their faces were flushed and it seemed like permanent smiles had been plastered on their faces.