Moving On? : Chapter Twenty

Y/N's POV

Ever since Sub's funeral, I've been locking myself in my room. Sketch would bring food up to me every day, but I refused to eat. I guess you could say I was sad, angry, frustrated. Sub shouldn't have died. The others are dealing with it better than I am.

Then again, doing anything is better than laying in bed all day staring up at the ceiling. I still believe it's my fault. Even if I hadn't known him for that long, he was still an amazing friend. The guys already made a video explaining that Sub was dead.

They said that they didn't want to talk about what happened. They just said he was dead, explained some things, they showed a picture of him and a video where he was talking. I really miss him.

I know I should move on, but he was one of my closest friends. It's been so long since he dies though. I think a month or two, but I'm not keeping track, I've only gotten up out of bed to take a shower, which was only five times. I probably smell really bad, but I don't care.

I haven't been eating, and I've locked my door so nobody can come in. Sketch tries to come in to get me to eat, but I just don't want to. It's probably not healthy, but whatever. I deserve this. I deserve to starve. It should've been me.

I should've died.

I haven't even picked up my phone since the funeral, but I hear it vibrate from notifications and messages. I feel like something is going to happen the second I snap back into reality. I don't know. It's weird. I don't talk to anybody anymore. The only time I say something is to mumble out a 'go away' to the guys when they try to get me out of my room.

My room is still clean since all I do is lay in bed all day, I don't think I've actually slept on the most night though. I've just stayed up thinking of everything, anything. I want to cuddle with Sketch but I also want to be alone. I have no idea what I'm doing anymore.

I don't even know if Sketch and I are still a thing anymore. We're probably not. I'm a terrible person. I don't talk to my boyfriend or friends, I don't even eat. What am I doing with my life? I'm such a waste of space.

I stare at the ceiling for a while when I hear talking outside my door. I recognize the voices and Denis and Sketch. I get out of bed, for once, and get closer to hear what they're talking about. I hear Sketch say,"She has to get out of her room, she doesn't eat, shower, she doesn't do anything, it's not healthy." I hear Denis say,"But we should leave her alone, she's hurting, she believes it's her fault."

After that, I hear Sketch yelling and I hear a thud and hope nothing happened. I hear Sketch yell,"Ya, well she's not the only one who's hurting! I also believe it was my fault. She's not the only one who cared about Sub! But, you don't see anybody else moping around do you?" His voice gets softer and he says,"I'm just worried. She's not saying anything, she won't talk to me. I mean, are we even together anymore? I'm a terrible guy, I should be helping her, but I can't do anything, I'm just helpless. I can't even comfort the girl I care about."

My brain processes his words and I realize that I can't stay in my room forever. I have to face them sooner or later. I'm not the only person hurting, I'm just the only one who'll show it. I open the door and Sketch look shocked when I open the door. I probably look like a troll but I honestly don't care.

I go up to him and I hug him. I hug him like my life depends on it. I know he's smiling, and I don't mind. Denis walks off and I whisper,"I'm sorry." Sketch replies,"I am too, I love you." I don't answer, I just keep hugging him. I pull away and he says,"Let's go to the park?" I nod and say,"Let me freshen up first." He nods and I go back into my room and lock the door.

I take a blue shirt and skinny jeans. I go to the bathroom and take a quick shower. I don't dare look at myself in the mirror, I probably look disgusting. I step out and change into my clothes after drying off. I brush out my hair and brush my teeth. I splash my face with some more water, to try to look a little better.

I leave my hair the way it was since I'm lazy. I put on some black converse and go downstairs to see Sketch standing near the door, waiting for me. He's wearing a dark gray hoodie and black jeans, with black Nikes.

He notices me and says,"Let's go" I nod and follow him out. He locks the door behind him and I follow him. It's a short walk to the park. It's a small park that I haven't been to before. It has a small fountain in the middle. The grass is really green. There is a small playground with swings, a slide, and a climbing wall. There are trees around, and some remind me of the tree that Sub and I climbed up before we kissed.

Sketch tapped my shoulder and he said,"Wanna go climb a tree?" My mind flashes back to the memory of Sub and I climbing the tree.

I sit with him and ask him where the others are. He replies," They should be on their way soon." I nod my head as I get an amazing idea. I yell," Race you to the tree!" I point at a weeping willow as I say that. I start running as fast as I can, but I won because he was sitting down when I started running. I then started to climb the tree as he tried to get to the top first. We both get to the top branch after a while and we sit there, admiring the view. From there, we could see the whole grassy area of the park. We were right next to each other and I felt his hand go on top of mine. I see the others from behind him and say," They're coming..." He nods and helps me get down.

At the lowest branch, I jumped down and Sub caught me. We laughed for a moment and he leaned in and I knew what was happening. For some reason, I didn't stop him or say something. He kissed me. I kissed back. We kissed passionately for about five seconds. We pulled apart and I saw Sketch standing behind Sub and I also saw Denis, Alex, and Corl with him. He looked hurt and the others looked shocked.

I must have spaced out because Sketch tapped me on the shoulder and asked,"Hey, are you okay?" I nod and sigh. Then he asks,"So you wanna climb a tree or nap?" I manage to say,"Sure." He smiled and led me to some random tree that looked good enough to climb. He helped me up on the first branch and we continued to climb to the highest branch.

We talk for a bit, which is way more talking than I've done in the past month or two. I guess I could say I'm lucky to have a friend like him. The thing is, are we more? I ask,"Are we together, I don't know anymore, and we weren't exactly official when Sub died.

He answered,"Oh, right. Well, I wanna do this the right way." "What?" is all I could say. He says,"Y/N, I like you, maybe even love you, but, there's one question I need to ask you." I ask,"What is it?" He asks,"Y/N will you be my girlfriend."

I just sit there in shock for a while. I could tell he was waiting for my answer. When he asked that, I almost fell off the branch. I nod and say,"Yes." He smiled and pulled me in for a hug. I was a little shocked and almost fell off the branch, again. He cupped my cheek and pulled me in and gave me a small peck on the lips.

I smiled like the idiot I was and he said,"Let's go home now." I nodded and followed him home.