Sub's Funeral: Chapter nineteen

Y/N's POV

I wake up, and I look to my side and my head was on Sketch's shoulder. I got up, trying not to wake him up. My face was red and blotchy from crying.  I walk into the bathroom and wash my hands and face. I throw my bloody clothes off and hop into the shower. I just take a quick shower and get out. I dry myself and throw on some comfy pajamas. Then I remembered.

Today is Sub's funeral. I hear my phone vibrate and I tap on messages. It was from Denis.

*In-text*

D-Hey

Y-Hey

D-Just wanted to let you know that the gang and I, except Sketch, are out discussing plans for the funeral.

Y-What time does the ceremony start btw?

D-It starts at 6:00 pm

Y-K ttyl

D-Bye

*End of conversation*

I guess I can start getting ready later. I go upstairs to my room. I go onto my phone and go on social media. I see a comment asking," Where's the new video?What's going on?" I decide to make a video explaining why the gang hasn't made a video. And why Sub can never make a video again. I decide to do it tomorrow when I have more energy, and because I'm too lazy to do it now.

I go downstairs and Sketch is still fast asleep. I decide to make breakfast for us since I have nothing better to do. I grab my earbuds and I turn the music on. I grab all the pans and I start to make some pancakes. I mix the pancake batter and start pouring them into the pans.

Sketch's POV

I wake up and I hear someone cooking and humming in the kitchen. I get up and see that my clothes are still stained with blood. I walk over to the kitchen and see Y/N making pancakes. I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her waist.

She quickly turns around and smiles. She kisses my nose and goes back to making pancakes. I sit at the table and she says,"You know, Sub's funeral is today at 6:00 pm." I nod and we don't say anything. She sets a plate of pancakes in front of me and I eat quickly. 

I say," I'm gonna get out of these bloody clothes." She nods and finishes up eating.

Y/N's POV

We spend the rest of the day, barely talking, and on our phones. Sometimes, we would just space out thinking about Sub, us, our channels, and who knows what else. I glance at the clock and it is 5:00 pm. I get up and say,"We should start to get ready now." Sketch nods and goes to his room.

I go to my room and grab a black top and black jeans, I didn't have any black dresses and I was way too lazy to go out and buy some. I already showered this morning, so I decide not to shower now. I go to the restroom and get changed. I brush my hair and do a side braid.

I walk to my room and sit at my desk. I decide to put on some makeup, but not a lot. I just put some eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, lipstick, and I decide to just add some blush. After I do my makeup, I spray just a little bit of perfume and I take out my braid and start on my hair.

I curl as much of my hair as I can. I finish off with picking a pair of black flats. I grab my purse and shove my phone and some other girl stuff that I don't need to talk about. I walk downstairs and Sketch is looking at himself in a mirror, trying to fix his hair. I say,"Your hair is fine." He turns around and smiles at me.

He says,"Thanks, you look nice too." We get in his car and we drive to the cemetery. When we get there we see the rest of the gang, dressed in suits. We go over to them and we barely talk. It was a small service. It was just the gang, Sub's parents, and me. Soon enough it was time for us to say a few words about Sub. Elijah went first. 

Elijah got up and started,"Sub was one of my best friends. He was always there for us. He always tried his best to understand us. Even if he did something he regretted and made us upset, we couldn't stay mad at him. He brought us together." He went back and sat down next to me.

Corl and Alex also said stuff, and it was my turn now. I got up and I took a while to gather my thoughts and words. Then, I started by saying,"Sub, he was amazing. He was our very best friend. I slapped him, even if I didn't mean to. He forgave me though. He was always there for me. He died trying to protect me and Sketch. I will never forget what he did for us. I believe that his death was partially my fault. If I wasn't so helpless, he wouldn't have had to help me. I could've done more to protect myself." I stepped off and went to sit back down. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

I sat down and I started crying. Sketch patted my back. After a while, his coffin was lowered into the ground. Sketch took me home because I couldn't bare to watch. We got home and our faces were red. Everyone went straight to bed since they were exhausted.  I went to my room and got in my pajamas.

I walked to the kitchen to get some water. Sketch was there. "Hey," I said. He said"Hey". I got water and sat on the couch. I got on my phone and checked my social media. He sat next to me and said,"Let's go to my room and get some rest." I nodded and followed him to his room.

He got under the covers and he said,"Come on, let's cuddle and fall asleep." I climb into bed with him and one of his arms were across my stomach, keeping me in place. His other arm was being used as my pillow. I soon though about stuff, but then I succumbed to the darkness... I mean, I fell asleep.