I can't do this right now: Chapter eight

Sketch's POV

I walk into Y/N's room and sit down on the bed next to her. She looks so beautiful. I say," Can I talk to you for a bit?" She nods her head and pats the spot next to her on her bed. I start,: Y/N, I l-l-like-love you." She blushes but then frowns and looks down at the ground. It stays silent for a while and then I ask," What's wrong?"

Y/N's POV

When Sketch told me he liked me, I felt so happy, I could tell I was blushing. But then I got worried. I looked at the ground and I thought about it. I like him, and he likes me, but what if he hurts me again? What if he cheats on me with someone better than me. It hurts to think like that. But I knew it was true. He could cheat on me with somebody else. What if he found someone more attractive smarter, more athletic, funnier, and nicer than me. Or what if I accidentally make him mad, and he goes off and cheats on me? 

Out of everyone, why would he choose me? I noticed that I have been spacing out for a while when he asks," What's wrong?" I decide to tell him. I take a deep breath and say," I'm scared. Worried that you would hurt me again. Besides, I just got out of a relationship. I like you too, but I don't know, I can't be with you right now, I can't do this. Maybe soon, in the future, but just not now." 

I see him frown and walk out without saying another word. I feel so bad. I want to be with him, and I may have just ruined my chances. He probably is thinking about the new girl that he is gonna like that isn't me. I go on my phone and check my social media. I see something on Instagram that catches my eye. I see the captions that read"Sketch sings with mystery girl" It was posted from Sub's account. I don't mind, I drift off deep into my thoughts and fall asleep.