Gone: Chapter eighteen

Y/N's POV

The nurse said," Sub is...well...he's gone." My heart shattered, and I couldn't take it. I burst out into tears. I felt arms wrap around me, and carry me. I open my eyes and see that I'm in a hospital room. I wipe some tears away and I see Sub's pale, lifeless body on the bed. I burst out into tears and the nurse leaves. I go to his side, and I hold his hand.

I can't believe it. He was actually gone. A part of me felt like this was all my fault. I was the one who suggested that he come with us. I let him get shot and I didn't even help him. I couldn't stand looking at him when he looked like this. Everyone crowds around his bed and everyone is in tears. Sketch sits next to me, holding me in his arms. I just continue to cry into his shirt.

Everyone is still there, and I was still crying. Soon enough, darkness consumed me. I fell asleep.

Sketch's POV

Y/N had fallen asleep on my shoulder. We decide we should go. I pick her up bridal style and bring her into the car that Alex brought back from the mall for me. I drive home and bring her into my room. I pull the covers over her and I head downstairs. I can't lie, I feel like Sub's death was all my fault. 

I was the one who suggested for us to go to the mall. I didn't help him when he tried to beat up the guy who was holding Y/N. I could've done more than call 911. I could've butted in and helped him, maybe he would still be alive. I start tearing up.

Y/N's POV

I woke up in my bed. I was hoping that Sub being gone was a dream. But, I saw blood on my clothes and I realized that it wasn't. I started to cry on my bed again. I walk downstairs and I see Sketch there, crying. I go to him and embrace him in a hug. I cry into his shoulders, and when I noticed that the others weren't here I asked," Where is everyone else?" He whispered,"Arranging Sub's funeral." I nodded and I pulled away from him. 

I then go upstairs and grab my phone, earbuds, and Sketch's car keys that he left in the room. I run downstairs and open the door, I glance at Sketch and he looks my way."I'll be back" I mouth. I hop into the car and drive to the park. I run out of the car, and I lock it. I run tot he tree where we accidentally kissed.

I shout at the tree as if it was a person, or as if it was Sub, and he was listening. Luckily, nobody else was here so nobody could think that I was crazy. I yell," Why did you leave? You were our best friend! You were always there for me! What am I supposed to do without you! It should've been me! I should never have let you come with me! I should have been shot! I should have died! I miss you! What am I gonna do?! What are we going to say to your fans?!" I break down and sink into the ground. I sob and lean my back and head to the tree.

I sob for what felt like hours, but it was less than half an hour. I stand up, and I start to climb up the tree. I sit on the top branch and put in my earbuds. I turn on sad music and just sit there for about an hour. I go home, and when I get there, Sketch is asleep on the couch. He was still in his bloody clothes. I felt tired, and I didn't bother to change. I sit next to him, and next thing I know, I fall asleep on his shoulder.