~Chapter 4: Unknown POV & Manabe~

2009, Outside a house. Unknown POV.

"How did it go?"

A hoarse voice broke through the silence of nighttime, as a man, around 6 feet tall wearing only black, strutted over as if he had not just climbed out a window just moments before. Of course, the house with the window was not his, nor was the backyard which him and his accomplice stood in.

"Fine. The drug was administered; slightly more than what we should for a human girl her size, but it will work fine nonetheless. The effects will still incapacitate her long enough to get what we need done."

"Good."

The mans accomplice, and leader of the operation pulled a shrivelled cigarette from his pocket with a lighter. Flicking the flame, the temptation to light his stick then drop it left him smiling. Death, through fire especially, thrilled him like no other did.

Some called him a sociopath, a pyromaniac, a psychotic disaster which should suffer an elongated and painful death. The remarks made him smile every time. He was most definitely all of those things and more, yet no matter how hard they all tried he would never die.

It was a part of serving the Bakkura... Golden immortality.

Lighting the cigarette and drawing it to his lips, he slipped the lighter into his pocket and patted it like it was a friend in need of comforting. He knew that very soon this lighter would be put to use, he could feel it.

That girl in the room, whose window his partner had just climbed out of was a strong one. Determined, feisty. Watching her for only a day he had seen this; she would not go down without a fight. The man knew very well that the fight did not have to happen.

All she had to do, was let what was going to happen, happen, then move on and forget. If she began to delve further, then he would get to play the game he so desperately craved: The Chase and The Kill.

He drew the cigarette away from his mouth, inhaling the intoxicating smoke. His mouth was covered with the taste, making him lick his lips.

"Let's go... We'll be back soon enough."

The window man nodded, lighting his own shrivelled cigarette and disappearing into the morning mist as the evanescence of vapour. It would not be the last time the men came to Manabe Yukihiro's home with the intent to harm... Or kill.

2009. In my room, Isn't it obvious I'm in my house? 

I awoke that morning, with a strange pit in my stomach turning with nervous fear. Lying flat on my back atop the duvet, my right hand slowly slid over to my pained stomach. Turning slightly, an aching pain erupted from my gut and spread up my torso.

Without meaning to, I groaned and flipped into my prior position.

"DAD!!" I screamed, making my head pound. All night I had been having strange dreams... And nightmares. They were wickedly and strangely vivid, but I don't remember what happened, only flashes of unknown scenes and a single word which easily slipped my tongue.

"Bakkura."

At the door frame, my Father furrowed his brows in confusion. "What did you say?"

For some reason, panic bloomed in me like a flower and I guiltily shot my eyes away from my Fathers concerned gaze.

"I was just mumbling, I don't know what I said; it's still early."

My Father chuckled, walking forward and sitting on the end of my bed. His weight made a dip in the mattress, making my legs fall slightly downwards and send shooting pains up my chest. I instantly winced, my hand instantly pressing down on my belly.