Chapter 40: Trials

The day after the Best Brand Competition, news about Jaja's coord change was everywhere.

Interviewers talked about her constantly, saying that she wanted to be disqualified.

As Jaja walked around the academy, idols were whispering about her.

Jaja didn't care, about any of it, but there was someone who did care for her.

"Jaja!" Usagi said calling her name.

"Hi, Usagi." Jaja said.

"Stop being so gloomy. The disqualification of the competition and getting let out of Sangria Rosa, was just a minor setback." She said.

"A minor setback?" Jaja said with her eyebrows raised. "I humiliated myself in front of the the entire Idol Industry." 

"Don't sell yourself so short. I know that you can get right back into Sangria Rosa as a model."

"I won't count on it. Mr. Atsūji said that that was it." Jaja said.

"Just ask for another chance. There's gotta be a way for you to get back."

Jaja shook her head.

"I can't and with all these rumors flying around, I might not even be able to model ever again." She said.

Usagi turned to see all the girls, talking about Jaja.

"So what? She is the Starlight Queen and she failed in competition. Hasn't everyone?" Usagi said.

The girls gasped.

"Usagi..." Jaja said.

"It's funny how you all are supposed to be members of Starlight, and yet when you see another member falling, you bring them down even more." Usagi said.

The girls walked away.

Usagi turned back to Jaja.

"Thank you Usagi, but I'm not going to talk to him." Jaja walked away.

"Jaj--"

"Akiyama." Headmistress came in front of her.

"Headmistress." Usagi said.

"Follow me to my office. We need to talk." Orihime said.

Meanwhile, Shizumi wanted to know what exactly was going on between her sister and arch-enemy, so she decided to talk to both of them.

She knocked on the door of Kimiko's dorm.

"Oh, hey, Shizu-san." Kimiko said.

"Hey, Kimiko!" Shizumi said with a fake smile. "May I come in?"

"Sure."

They sat down in the room.

"So, I overheard you and Shiyomi talking. What was going on?" She asked.

"Well, ever since I became Sora-san's apprentice, I've been drawing in my sketchbook. And once Shiyo-chi found out, she wanted for me to design her a dress." Kimiko said.

"Wow. And you're going to do that?"

"After she fills the applause meter."

"What do you mean?" Shizumi asked.

"In order for me to make her a coord, she has to fill the applause meter at her next live show." Kimiko said.

"Interesting..." Shizumi thought.