Chapter 31: Kimiko to the Rescue!

It was the scariest time of the year. And Starlight was throwing a Halloween Bash.

Akiko read the poster on the bulletin board, "Dying to party? Join us for a Bone-Chillin' Bash! Starlight's Halloween Bash! October 31, 2016 6:00p.m."

"We're going right?" Stella asked the girls.

"Yeah!" They replied.

"Wait!" Shiyomi said.

"The poster says that you must wear a costume to enter the party!" Shiyomi stated.

"Ehh?!" Everyone yelled.

"I don't have any costumes!" Jaja complained.

"But I do!" Kimiko said proudly.

"Kimiko! I know you love cosplay. Is there a way you can whip up some costumes for us?" Akiko asked.

"Sure!" Kimiko responded.

"What about Tomoe? She doesn't need a costume. Her being herself is pretty scary. No offense, Tomoe." Shizumi said.

"None taken." Tomoe said with a grin.

"Tomoe will need a costume, too. And I already have one in mind." Kimiko giggled.

"Ooh! I can't wait!" Kimiko said jumping up and down.

"I have a sneaky suspicion that the costumes she's making aren't going to be very normal." Shizumi told Jaja.

The girls quickly received messages on their phones that they were to perform at the Halloween Bash to "Eternally Flickering Flame".

While Tomoe's message said that she was to create funny Halloween sayings to decorate the party with.

Kimiko started on the costumes, while everyone else was learning the dance moves to the song.

"This is Halloween, guys. Make sure to have your scariest faces on." Stella told everyone.

"Un!" The girls replied.

Stella stood in the middle with Akiko and Shiyomi on her left and Jaja and Shizu on her right.

The music started to play as they danced in place.

They made sure that their moves were on point with every step.

"Eien ni tsuzuku mirai, Ima boku o terase
Moroku hakanai kokoro o tomose
Koware kaketa kyō o tsunaide iku
Wazuka na kibō o sagashiteru
Ima mo zutto..." They sang.

Meanwhile...

"Okay, scary Halloween phrases..." Tomoe thought to herself.

After some time, she finally got an idea, and began to write it on an index card.

"When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers 'tis near Halloween'." Tomoe read aloud.

"This is really good! Okay, now just a couple more." She said aloud.

Starlight Sewing Room

"Let me start with the sketches." Kimiko said happily to herself.

She started off with Akiko's costume.