Chapter 38: Wake Up My Music!

After a month of being Sora's apprentice, Kimiko learned so much about being a designer.

She got her own sketch book and Sora even taught her how to sew.

Kimiko then decided that she wanted to become a designer herself, but she didn't know whether she could do it or not.

In Sora's office, Kimiko continued to draw another coord.

"Kimiko, when will you create your own brand?" Sora asked.

"M-me?! Create my own brand?! I could never do that!" Kimiko said.

Sora chuckled, "Yes, you can. With all of these unique coords that you've created, I know that you can make something very special."

Kimiko thought about what Sora said then continued to work on her coord.

After the hard-training, Akiko was not only able to wear her coord again, but she and Stella were ready for their comeback performance.

Just like Usa-Ko-La, their show tickets were sold out.

The only thing left to do was to pick a song.

"We need a song that matches us perfectly." Stella said. "What about 'Friend'?"

"That song has been used many times." Akiko said.

"But it has a true meaning behind it." Stella said.

"How about 'Kira Power'?" Akiko said.

Stella shook her head.

"This is our comeback performance. I think it should be a song that people couldn't help, but sing with us." Stella said.

"Moonlight Destiny?" Akiko pleaded.

Stella chuckled, "I love that song, Akiko, but I think we should sing a more meaningful song."

Akiko and Stella continued to think of more songs to sing.

Meanwhile, Mr. Atsugi tried to make Jaja the best coord possible.

"How do you like this design?" He asked her. "The top and the skirt will have a mixture of the colors red, magenta, and burgundy."

"It looks like it'll come out great." Jaja said.

"No, no. How much do you like it?" He asked again.

"Umm..." Jaja put her hands behind her back.

"I knew it." Encierro said.

He crumbled up the sketch.

"How will I be able to make you a coord that you love by the time of the competition?" He asked aloud.

"Maybe if I tell you some things about me, you'll be able to think of something." Jaja said.

"Okay, speak to me." Encierro said.

"Well, although my hair says otherwise, my favorite color is actually gold." Jaja started.

Encierro started writing down notes.

"Anything that is shiny is my favorite thing." Jaja chuckled.

"What else do you like?" Encierro asked.

"When my mom came back from America, she brought me a piece of jewelry called a 'Choker'. It was really cool." Jaja stated.