Dad

We walked into the house just in time to hear media vans pulling up at out front door. I laughed and then looked the front door and closed the blinds. Killian went over to the couch and sat down. I went upstairs to get something more comfortable on
I couldn't find any comfortable shirt in my room so I went and took one of my favorite shirts that Killian wears and I put on some sweat pants. I went to the washroom and looked at myself then my eyes focused on the ring. I took the neclase off delicately and held it in my hand. I walked down stairs and over to Killian and sat next to him leaning my head on his chest. I looked at the ring in my hand and I could feel Killian looking down at it too. I looked up at him and he gave me a sad smile "I don't know what to do with it know that I don't need it " I told him "why don't you need it Swan?" He asked "Because it's getting in the way of my other relationship" I smiled shyly after I said that. Killian smiled and I could tell he was messing at this point and he just wanted me to say it "and what relationship is this" I looked at him deeply in the eyes. We have been friends scince we were seven but we have only kissed two times today but I know that this relationship is important. I looked him deeply in the eyes and said "I have a new boyfriend and before you ask me who it is, it's you." I smiled up at him and he leaned down and kissed me. When he pulled away I blushed like crazy a buried my face into his chest. He laughed and I sighed.

Two days later:
I was just waking up when I got a call from mom and dad.

Dad: "Hey Emma we are on our way there. How are you?"

I sighed then laughed

Emma: "Well I was just waking up but I'm okay I guess" I respond

Dad: "You guess! Emma what's wrong?"

Emma: I looked at the ring sitting on my desk. "Well that ring is stalking me but other than that everything is amazing!"

Dad: "Oh Emma, I'm sorry. I wish I could burn it but I think you probably could get some good money from that ring"

Emma: I put on some slippers and walked out into the hallway and down the stairs " Oh dad! I think I should just return it to Neal" I walked in to the kitchen and smiled at Killian. He smiled and then mouthed "Who is it" I smiled and mouthed back
"My dad "

Dad: "Well Emma he did give you the ring, didn't he?"

Emma: "not really I kinda took it from him after I breathe him up" I laughed nervously

Dad: "Emma!"

Emma: I pulled the phone away from my ear so wouldn't become deaf "Listen dad..."

Dad: "No Emma you listen to me. Do you still care about him?"

Emma: My hand started shaking when he yelled at me but I managed to say "No I care about someone else. Not him!" I yelled the ending part and then hung up the phone not wanting to hear what he had to say back to me

I dropped the phone on the ground and ran up to my room and fell on the floor crying. Killian ran up after my. "Swan what's wrong. You were fine when you came down." I looked up at him I stood up. "I'm sorry. I'm fine." I wiped the tears away and went and grabbed the ring and some clothes with Killian still standing there. I went to the bathroom and got changed and put some makeup on and walked out I grabbed my purse and put the ring in it and got my shoes and car keys. "Emma. What are you doing?" Asked Killian. I looked up at him and then walked out of the house to my car. I got in and Killian opened the passenger door and I belted himself in. I looked at him and then started driving to Neal's house. When we got there I told Killian to wait in the car and I walked to his house. I knocked on the door and he answered. "Emma? You came back for me after all that I did?" I smiled at him, Neal was still the kind guy I fell in love with. I looked down at my shoes. Then I pulled out the ring and held it in my hands. "Listen Neal. You are still the guy I fell in love with. The kind guy with a good heart but I....I.....I can't be with you anymore. I still care about you but not in that way" Neal looked at me with a understanding smile and he pulled me into a soft hug and kissed my head. "I know Emma. And I'm really sorry for hurting you. I just wanted you to love me." I finally broke and just cried in his arms like I did when I heard my brother was sick and when my parents were missing my birthday or something. I could feel Killian watching us wondering what I was doing. I pulled away from his hug seeing mascara all over his white shirt. I laughed nervously knowing I looked like a mess "I'm sorry I ruined your shirt" I said " Oh Emma. It's no big deal, I can see your overloaded with emotions and you just need to let them out." He said sweetly.
"Ya. I better get going. Again I'm really sorry Neal." I say as I'm starting to walk away. "Wait Emma I have something to give you. I know that we are not a thing anymore But I want you to have this so you will remember me." He held out a black box with a beautiful gold and silver ring and on the inside it said 'Emma Swan'. Tears started to well up in my eyes again and I reached up and gave him a soft kiss on his lips and smiled whial I walked away. I saw Killian quickly turn his head acting like he wasn't watching us. I smiled and got into the car. I watched Neal close the door. I turned to Killian and he acted like he saw nothing but I could tell he was upset that I kissed Neal.

I drove home and once we got there Killian rushed out of the car and into the house. I sat there staring and the box holding the ring that has replaced my engagement ring. I stared at it. Tears forming in my eyes. "Oh Killian." I took out the ring and put it on my middle finger on my right hand. I got out of the car and locked it and walked into the house locking the door after I got in. Killian was already upstairs because I looked everywhere for him downstairs and he was nowhere to be found. I walked upstairs to his room and got a little nervous but decided just to walk in.

I opened the door and saw Killian sitting on his bed looking at a scrapbook. I walked over silently so that he wouldn't hear me. I pulled out the chair silently and sat down. I looked down at my ring. "Killian" I said and he jumped a but but tried to cover it up by turning my way. "Emma, I think it's best you leave my room" I looked at him and I was going to say more but then there was a knock at the door. My head immediately turned the way of the door. I stood up my hand starting to shake. I know it my parents, my head turned to Killian and he looked at me with a sad look. "Look Killian, I'm still in love with you and the only reason I went to Neal's house was because I needed to return the engagement ring because it was getting in the way of my relationship with you. And the only reason I kissed Neal was to say sorry and to say thank you for the ring he had customised for me. I'm sorry if this made you mad but the only person I'm in love with is you. Know my parents are here and me and my dad are not on good terms so I think it would be good that you forgive me or it will ruin other things too." I say calmly. I almost forgot that my makeup was everywhere so I ran to my room to fix it then I ran downstairs to open the door. "Emma Swan! Why did you hang up on me!?" My dad yelled and I just ran upstairs into my room and slammed the door I walked into my bathroom and just started crying like crazy. Heard my door open but decided to ignore it. I wiped my face and just dicided to take off my makeup and walked into my room seeing Killian sitting on my bed watching me. I froze. "Swan, I'm not mad at you. I guess I'm just a but jealous." He said. I looked at him and then slowly walked over to him and he stood up. I walked into his arms and started to cry. After a few minutes I had calmed down and looked up at him and he pulled me into a deep kiss. When we pulled away I smiled and took his hand and linked my fingers into his we walked downstairs and I didn't realize that I was holding his hand so hard until I went to pull away. "Sorry" I mouthed "it's okay" he mouthed back. I took a deep breath and then walked into the kitchen were my dad and mom were sitting. I sighed and then looked at my dad. "Listen dad.....