《Give your heart a break》

Final song: Demi Lovato- Give your heart a break

Lapis's point of view

My parent's home was used as if they were waiting for them to be killed. There is where they built the foster home to take care of me as well. My home was invaded by these strangers and kids like me that had no parents or relatives.

But not me, I thought I had a Grandfather who worked at a decent bakery who would send me money confidentially. My aunt wasn't even supposed to ask about that, but I think she knew everything. I was betting that she wasn't even my real aunt, since i've had a fake family all along.

Since I was small and a bit far from highschool, I begged my parents to give me the honor to study in a school such as Gem High right up at the capital. They were hesitant, because we never really got out of the house without a strong man protecting me. Because everything was cold and bitter. They would only focus on their jobs until the last times.. the remaining year that I did not know about was very different. 

Mr. and Mrs. Lazuli kissed me every night and treated me like a princess. It was like they had taken me for granted but then they seized every single second with me. They even let me attend to these dancing classes, but never alone. 

I was so good that I was selected to audition this this.. GOLDEN academy that I never thought I was capable of entering. But.. who would've known..? The whole thing was interrupted by hundreds of people with guns and other weapons. It was all a fail and a shattered dream.

I don't think I ever noticed my parent's coldness from the very beginning of my life because when they stuffed me up with love & kisses & gifts every bit of that blurred out. I was just an innocent girl that had lost it all one night.

And here I am. Years later I wondered: Who specifically did it? .All of my hopes and energies were draining down and almost disappearing from me. My faith was pooling down on my charol slippers and I did not really had the bother or strength to pick it up again.

I thought.. any lost and random bullet could've hurt them. Even if I had the person right in front of me, they'd be insignificant because they were just shooting whoever was before them. My parents were prestigious drug dealers that probably meant nothing to the ones who entered with the duty to kill innocent people. It was nothing and I was just on a wild goose chase and Onyx was just taking advantage of my desperation and confusion. I was so blind.

A cold tingle met my neck to travel down my spine. I felt my knees shake a bit and I suddenly snapped back to time and reality. I glanced down at my wrinkled uniform and then up at the basketball court where Dash and Pearl were waving at me. They were already changed into comfortable sports clothes.

It has felt like weeks were I have not entered this palace. Everything here sounds so quiet today because i'm yelling at myself internally, blowing up my own eardrums and I don't know how to shut myself up.

Every single thing was pounding against my brain and telling me to pay attention to it. No matter how hard I try I cannot not hear Peridot's fear when Onyx yelled at her and threatened her to tell me what happened that devastating day, but on the way back home it was just a dead silent ride with her. Never dared to ask a thing because I was too shocked and I could hear her silent cries through the damaged helmet she lend me.

I hugged her from behind very tightly, but nothing seemed to calm her down. Only when we arrived to the gate is when she wiped her tear stained cheeks. After that she did not say a word. Just drove away as quickly as I hopped off and gave her the helmet.

Peridot... Peri, Peri, Peri.. Who would've known that you'd be involved in this shitty mess? You have no fault to be included in this and my issues should not fuse with you. It is not fair..