«Eyes wide open»

A new character has arrived! Aquamarine's point of view:

I'd rather stay in home a billion times...but I just can't stay in my house like a useless bag either. Might as well distract myself from my very annoying sister. Sigh.

"Everybody sit your asses down." The Mathematics teacher; Miss Sugilite shouted as she put a stack of papers over her desk. She was one very expressive teacher. Too expressive if you ask me.

Miss Sugilite sat on her office chair and chewed her gum loudly, going through the papers that I suppose were our test results. She growled, "Dash Matthews." she called one of the students that was about to sit next to me.

The red haired boy strolled happily over to her and took the paper off her hand in a swift motion. "Ahh!," He breathed satisfied, "A perfect score yet again." He said proudly placing the paper over his chest, then walking to his previous chosen seat.

This is like the third perfect score he's gotten, he really is a genius. But a perfect jerk just like all boys in this school...

Dash brought his feet up the table and Sugilite glared, "Take your dirty shoes off the table, Dash." She growled to him before pinning her eyes to the papers. She raised one up and I saw my silly face doodles on the back, so it was obviously mine.

"Aquamarine Beryl." She said aloud, I stood up and walked over to her. It felt like all eyes were on me for a second, I could even hear some laughs at the back of my head. I am the laughing stock for everybody in this school, even the teachers somehow.

I took the paper and spoted a 90% on the bottom right corner, I was relieved. I always study and score higher than 95 but that week I was way too busy.

"Good job, Miss Beryl." Sugilite said shooing me away with her hand. I go to my previous seat.

On the last test I got a 98%, so if I can get atleast a 95% for the next one I'll be able to replace Jasper on the elite list.

"Look, I got a perfect score. HA!" Dash said proudly, putting his paper in front of my face.

"That's great."

"I know. These things are just way too easy." He chuckled, taking his shoes off the desk and folding his arms instead. "I see blue hair is trending now." He said.

Blue hair? Oh yes, he must be talking about mine. I dyed it blue recently and I really like it this way, it complements my emerald eyes.

"Huh? Oh...w-why?" I stuttered.

He raised three fingers "There's three bluenettes in this school already."

That must be cool.

I shrug in response, his eyes flicker with amusement. "A careless girl I see..." he elbowed me and like I said... this was getting annoying, so I scoot my chair a bit to the side and just glare at my graded test. The front page was mostly wrong answers, but looking through the other ones it looked like I picked myself up a bit. Just need to try harder to come into the elite list, I'm so close I can just feel it.

"Amethyst Quartz." Miss Sugilite called and the girl with lavender hair stood up, she took her paper and from what I could catch she got a 99%.

How come the cool kids have such good grades... I mean all the elite students are practically the Crystal Gems, and they're just reckless teenagers that get followed by some weird guys. I can't wrap it around my head, so I must figure out what is it that is keeping me out of the list.

Amethyst passed by Dash highfiving him and rubbing her paper on his face, "Told ya'." I heard her say before sitting next to a sleeping girl.

***