《Faded Flower》1

Dash's point of view

Why is everyone so distant? Aquamarine seems to be in her own world.. Amethyst doesn't stay back. Her eyes just wander around and she sometimes sniffles to herself. The table is very silent when Lapis is not around; she's the one who probably brings the bit of fun into this group. The Crystal Gems haven't really been "The Crystal Gems" lately.

Amethyst played with a straw in her mouth, chewing the weak plastic and making an overwhelming sound as it scratches between her front teeth. A forced sigh comes from her which makes all eyes lock on her. It seemed like she intended to catch everyone's attention, but she took her time to say nothing.

Pearl elbowed her, "What?" ,"Nothin', just.. Lapis is taking some time in the bathroom."

It was true. She's taking way too long but nobody seemed to pay attention. Just Amethyst at the moment.

Finally the bell rang in our ears and Lapis was nowhere to be seen, Aquamarine was acting suspicious. I felt an urge to snarl at her but I just dodged it. Everyone picked up their stuff and just left like nothing was happening! I couldn't help it, so I wrapped Aquamarine's small wrist in my fist and pulled her to me.

"Where's Lapis?" I growled, my chest raising as a splash of light red appeared on her cheeks.

"S-she's still in the bathroom.. I think." Her face lowered just like my trust for this new girl. I knew I couldn't trust her in the first place.. less if it has to do with Lapis. The grasp got tighter and a weak shriek came from her thin lips.

"If something happens to Lapis or any of my friends because of you.. you'll regret it." This makes her head nod so fast that she messed up her blue hair. Her small wrist busted out of my grip and she paced away to the basement way.

Peridot's point of view

I have advanced computation with Smoky, they're like the best teacher in this school. Certainly the best teacher on this island. They have very vague yet funny puns, super funny jokes and yet they're super serious and focused about their work. We all call her Smokes ,James doesn't like to call them that because he says it 'doesn't sound right'.

Ugh. Boring James.

"Alright Class, please open your previous work and continue where you left off. Tomorrow we will finish and also begin with a new project." Smoky said as they walked passed us with their hands behind their back. James was typing away very rapidly while I was just looking flatly at my screen where my finished work was projected. I put all of my effort into this and this  takes more than half of my calification. If I don't do this project I'll fail this class and I definitely do not want that.

"You're already done?" James raised a brow as he still looked at the busy screen.

"Of course I am." I scoffed, he frowned. James has always been a bit slow doing school work or.. any kind of work really.

"I'm here!" (Speaking of slow things..) an out of breath Amethyst bursted in with a half empty water bottle in her hand, while in the other she carried her computation book.

"Why is she always late?" James whispered grumpy to himself, as if he was annoyed with that for some reason.

"You would've not bothered, Amethyst," Smoky glanced at the watch on their wrist, "there's five minutes left for next period." Smoky frowned at Amethyst, she just twirled the cap off her bottle with some finger skills and drank the remaining water inside with some loud gulps.

"Why so thirsty?" James whispered to himself. I couldn't help but snort.

"I'm so sorry, I was at P.E and-" she got interrupted by Smoky, which raised their hand in the air to stop her excuse.