«Unfinished spell»

-Peridot's pov-

  I popped a grape in to my mouth as I wrote some stuff for my mother. She had told me to write some important things for her, she said it was "obligatory" to hand them by hand, I swear her work place is stupid.

"Are you done?" My mother said in a very annoyed tone. She sipped on her coffee in her favorite mug as she tapped her fingers through her laptop very rapidly.

"Not yet." I sigh, moving my tired wrist a bit and then returning to write down some stuff.

"Why are you so slow, Peridot?" She rolled her eyes, putting her mug down. –Well mom if you could just help me, and to be fair all of your salary should be mine since I do half of your work everyday.

"Because you are very lazy." I responded, swallowing on my grape.

"Excuse me?" She snarled, "I work my ass off five days of the week and you are still an ungrateful little twerp." My mother always so sweet.

"Well i'm sorry for being so honest." I smiled cockily ,she glared at me over her giant laptop. She stupidly looks around the fancy kitchen and then returns her gaze at me.

"Is there something funny ,Kiyoko?" She snarled.

"Not at all." I shrug. I continue to write down.

"That's what I thought."

"That's what you thought?"

"Are you mocking me?" My mother slammed her fist on the table, spilling her coffee over all the 63 papers I spent all night writing on for her, I missed school for this shit, and now I hope she doesn't expect me to do all of that again. She gasped at the sight of the ruined papers stained with brown wobbly cirlcles.

"Look at what you did!" She yelled pulling on her blonde hair, she drags her nails across her face. Hope she rips it appart.

"What I did? You mean what you did!"

"Don't blame me!" She yelled at the top of her lungs, heading over to me just to grab the back of my hair and keep yelling to my face.

"Of course I blame you! And if you think I'm doing all of that again well you are wrong!"

"Well you can start forgetting about your friends." Of course... Always threatening me with the same thing. How long has it been since she's said "Don't worry, darling. I'll do all the work I'm supposed to do, you go rest and do your homework." ,oh wait ...she never has haha!

  "Seriously...can you come up with another threat? That one's getting old." I narrowed my eyes at her, with her other angry hand she pressed my cheeks with strong fingers. I hold back the impulsive feeling to spit on her face.

Her breath hitched, she leaned in closer to my face spilling her words between her teeth. "You know this is not a threat and I gave you an order. Do all of that again clearer and better if you want to walk on those useless legs of yours you lesbian freack." ,should I just kill myself now?

My cheeks burned, not just from the way she exaggeratedly pressed her fingers on them, but from the way her words passed right through the hollow that was already in my chest.

Don't cry, Peridot. Don't do it.

The stinging feeling of watery eyes defeated me, I was powerless right now, stepped on by the own person that gave birth to me. I only had to give her nine months of torture for her to constantly remind me of what she thought was 'wrong' with me. I am not wrong, I'm just me, how can she not understand that? Still...she can't, not because of that but because she chooses not to.