«Leftover smoke»1

Peridot's POV

Great, I actually regret bringing this little brat with me. She's ruining my motorcycle with her delicate self, not to mention she also kicked one of the tires. But...since we're going to the same place, might as well give her a lift in a real ride rather than a ride in an old junky car.

She wrapped her arms around my stomach tightly, "Why are you going there anyways?" Lapis yelled, and babe that's none of your business.

"Nothing you would care of." I shrugged and then increased my speed, she squeezed me with all of her strength this time, nearly knocking the air out my lungs. "I asked for a reason." ,ugh this bitch outta'...

I stopped the bike in the middle of the empty and dark Street that was being illuminated by some flickering light bulbs. "Do you want me to kick you out of my bike?" I growled.

"Let's not start again..." Lapis sighed, I sighed as well and took my grip out of the handlers. "Well let me give you some advice. First rule of talking to me; don't ever insist on me." I raised one finger, "Two; When I say no ,it means no." I raised a second finger. Lapis grabbed my hand and lowered my raised fingers, "Well I should give you some advice." She giggled, leaning her face close to my ear, suddenly her voice got a bit deeper.

"One; When I ask something, I want answers ,and two; I get what I want."
Lapis is trying to be intimidating? That is so not cute, no seriously...it isn't.

"Seems like an unstoppable force is trying to move an unmovable object." I teased, flicking the side of the helmet over her head so she would lean back. "You'll figure it out." She shrugged and I look at her in the eyes, I shot a crackle, "That's funny." I said robotically. I place my grip on the handlers and take my foot off the ground, the bike began to move again and she gave me a slight squeeze once more.

"I wasn't trying to be."

"Are we going to do this again?" I whined, I just can't get her to shut the hell up... But maybe if I gave her a reward... Of course! Just like a pet, no wonder she's such a- "If you shut up, I'll show you something." I sigh, trying to calm myself.

"Show me what?"

"It's...I-it's something only Jasper and Dash know about." I slowed down the speed, "I've never shown this to anybody, except for them. So if you promise to keep it a secret, I won't insult you..." I said, "Maybe." I muttered, she tapped her slim fingers on my thighs and hummed.

"So you're trusting me? A girl you met yesterday and was insulting you back then?" She said, but I've done my research, and I know more about her than she knows about herself.

"Leipis... I know more about you than you know about yourself, I do my research and I never trust anyone out of the bag."

"But why is that?"

While she was talking, three vibrant lights were over us, colorful Christmas lights were hung up the trees and there was stands everywhere. Maybe of anything you could imagine, clothes made by hand, shoes, necklaces, it was a giant flee market that took half of a very old neighbourhood (Well...only like five or six years old, not much of a difference.). It was this place that made most of my childhood, I was standing in front of the place where I made some peculiar friends and different memories, I was being haunted by my past and I was standing before it.

I got off my bike and took the helmet off her, "Because I trust my friends." I said, staring at her shaky blue eyes while she brushed her hair with the tip of her fingers. "Your friends stalk me? T-that's a bit weird." She raised a brow.

Well maybe they do stalk her, but obviously is for a good cause, we don't just let anyone blend with the Crystal gems. It is a very dangerous task to deal with but being able to stick with real friends that are practically family- that's what keeps me going. "It's not called stalking...it's called 'research'" I shrugged a shoulder and placed my helmet on the seat.

"I g-guess." She hopped out of the bike, and I realized... She is very much taller than me...well... Everyone is taller than me. If it wasn't for my...ugh, um...s-she has...p-pretty eyes...yeah.

The length of our awkward silence was being escorted by some Latin music that played in the background, I decided to break the silence by clasping my hands-

"Well...I'll be leaving. Meet me here at ten o'clock sharp."

She said nothing, just nodded her head and took a step back. I walk backwards until I am crossing a yellow ribbon. I go under the knot of police tape and run as fast as I could through the cracked and old curb, I just might forgot something while I was moving... Probably a few years ago. The remaining seeds I planted of my past were laying freely here.

Talking about this place with my friends makes me nostalgic ,yet I crave coming back here anytime I can. I could still smell the scent of the morning smoke my mother would have every morning on the porch, it sometimes spread all around the neighbourhood .

I was running endlessly and dodging all the holes on the old road, my mind was running wild as my brain placed every single one of the people who lived here.

I see Jasper riding her bike, she was always to big for it. I giggled as the imaginary picture of Jasper passed by me, the sound of her bike ringing in my ears. I slowed down my pace as this dark place started to recoup it's life, the burnt houses had dust of their ashes flying around them. They all rebuilt themselves before my eyes, all the other children playing with their toys (that their parents actually bought for them.) While their parents watched them from the window or front porch, I turn to a left and see my old house brand new again. It was the fifth house on the right side after making a left, all the kids around that house looked so happy...and then there was me. The little girl up at the second floor playing with stolen toys while her mother was smoking outside.

I approached the house, going up the broken steps. My mother had a brand new cigarrete between her fingers, an empty box of 'em by her side. She would smoke the whole pack in a day, the house would be flooded with the smell of those things. She had very red eyes, not because of the obvious but because of her crying. She brought the white and grey thing up her chapped and cut lips, she inhaled deeply and then folded her arms, once again with the object still between her fingers.

Her long sigh released a big ball of white smoke, she coughed and coughed.

"Peridot!" What was that? That smell, it seems all so real. My own name bursted through my eardrums as my own mother yelled to me.

It echoes..."Peridot!" It echoes around my head, I squeeze my eyes shut and when I opened them. I was back in the real world, the rocking chair was empty and broken. I was standing on a porch that was about to fall down ,the setting was dark and I was all alone. Only the sound of the singing owls were here somewhere.

I realized I couldn't get in there alone, I needed company, and what better company than the girl I brought with me?

"I need to go find her." I muttered to myself, then glancing at a crow that flew to the window. It looked at me funny, "What? I talk to myself ,okay?" I yelled at it, scaring it away.

"Yeah that's right you little fucker." I raised my middle finger to the flying thing before running off this empty place.

______________________________
I'll fix the typos later.

I got a fucked up ankle and that gives me inspiration...yay!

Anyways...

*drumroll in the background* Guess who is making the last chapter of this book?

*drummer stops playing*

... Not me.

~Bluefeelingz