«Story time with Dash»

Dash tells Lapis how his friendship with James was going.

Dash and I came to my house, still no news from Peridot or James. I hope they're both alright, especially James.

"What a nice room." Dash observed aloud as he twirled to glance at my whole bedroom. "I didn't know you like to read, you nerd." He chuckled taking a book from my full shelf.

Ha! I never read those books, they're there really just for decoration. But maybe one day I'll try one out.

"I haven't read any of them actually." I admitted to him from my bed. I was laying on my side, I changed to some comfortable sweat pants and a black tank top with blue star patterns. I looked like a fly homeless girl to be honest.

"Seriously? Well I could've sworn you've read half of these." He opened the book currently in his hands and passed a few pages before closing it and putting it back where it was. "These look like really cool stories."

It's very rare that I read books, but I've read a few. Just back at Beach City.

"Eh. Most stories are very predictable."

"Not the stories of our lives." He shrugged and walked over to me, he sat on the edge then slid down to the floor.

"Well it's obvious." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Lapis, you're really lucky that whatever happened in beach city, stays in beach city."

"Why do you say that?"

"In G.E.M high, nothing stays there. Everything seems to circle around us and it feels like all the world knows it, and sometimes it's all inside your head." He put a finger on his forehead.

"May I say that you are really deep into poetry?" I giggled, shifting to the side and laying on my chest next to his face.

"Influence..."

"Who?"

"James and Turquoise."

Who?

"Who's Turquoise?" I asked shaking his shoulder. He appeared to be in a trance for a second.

"Huh? Well she was a very great friend back in third grade. She loved mysteries so much...that she became one."

"Mmm...tell me about her."

A/N: BTW, Dash is the one who's narrating this.

~Flashback~ (Dash's perspective)

James, Turquoise and I were the best of friends, this was before we even knew Jasper, Amethyst and all the others existed. Well atleast I didn't know them yet... I don't know about James.

James was always the one who had this special attachment to her, he was more close to her. But we equally loved and trusted each other. We went everywhere together, our parents were the coolest with each other. They would come to my house at 9:00 a.m and go back to their houses at like 11:30 at night. We never ever ran out of things to say, even though she was very shy and quiet, with us she was more open, ya' know?

...Well

It was a Thursday I think, Turquoise didn't go to school that day, nor the other. But back to that Thursday!

James sat in the front, me in the middle and Turquoise behind me, but she wasn't there. That day.. it was very rainy, Turquoise would've really wanted us to play in the rain with her. But obviously she wasn't there, so there wasn't anything we could do. So me and James went on exploration.

All soakin' wet by the rain, we played that we were a hero and villain trying to protect a pretty princess. But the princess wasn't there. So what were we fighting for? Eventually we got really bored, and sad. She had perfect attendance, it was extra weird that she was abcent on a Thursday.

When we went to her locker in the basement it was opened and empty. There was this small piece of paper that had this circle with a line drawn in the middle. It was like a symbol, but James kept it and since then I never saw the paper nor Turquoise ever again.

~End of Flashback~ (Back to Lapis' point of view)

"She really was a mystery." I raised my brows in surprise.

That girl doesn't sound like she was moved from school all of the sudden, it really sounds like something bad happened to her.

"Unfortunately, but I remember her like I saw her yesterday." He sighed.

And James keeping pieces of papers...hey...oh shit wait. The first day I was with James he handed me a piece of paper, I never got to look at it!

"Oh shoot! Wait, Dash!" I yell shocking, super desperate and anxious, looking through my drawers for my dirty uniform.

Where is it...where is it... THERE YOU ARE!

I found the skirt, looking through the pockets I felt a sharp fold, and in my luck it was the creepy piece of paper. I opened it and what do you know... a weird circle and line symbol. Exactly like Dash described it.

"Did the symbol look like this?" I asked kneeling besides him and handing him the paper. His eyes went wide, his fingers trembled as they held the wrinkled paper between them. I could hear him gulp loudly, I suddenly felt scared and threatened.

"It looked exactly like this. But why did he give it to you?"

_________________________

Cliff hangers :v

More story times such as:

«Story time with Amethyst»

Amethyst tells Lapis how she met James.

«Story time with Garnet»

Garnet admits to Lapis she never even wanted to be a Crystal Gem.

«Story time with Dash» 2

Lapis would like to hear more about the mystery girl.

«Story time with Peridot»

Peridot tells why her mother hates her so much.

This list is TBA so no promises that they will come soon. Story times will be short, depending if I want to include more things or let you figure out things by yourself in normal chapters. Thank you for reading!

Hint: Songs can also tell stories.

Thanks to the lovely Kawaiibeagle for the mystery girl: Turquoise.

~Bluefeelingz