«Not completely crystaled»

Lapis pov's

My heavy book bag was placed on my lap as my aunt drives me to Gem High. I had to ignore her rant about the specific "Crystal gems", because I was way to distracted by the beautiful view of the school's antique style. It had such a vintage vibe to it, and the uniforms are a compliment as well; only that the skirt I had to put on...was...short.

The straps I have on aren't really that comfortable but I'll get use to them, the bow tie I have lower than my neck looks a bit messy, I had to look up for a billion tutorials for this silly shit. I also had tucked in a long sleeved ,white, buttoned blause. Socks up to my knees and black slipper that made a fancy *tap* each time I walked, they made me feel important.

I put the black sleeve of my book bag and hung it up my shoulder. My aunt was gazing at my exposed thighs with a hint of anger. "I think that skirt needs some adjustments." She teased pulling my skirt. I laughed fakily at her unfunny joke before stepping out of the car— "Not today ,aunt Diamond." I winked in a teasing manor as well, I slammed the door and waited until she drove off and far...far...far away.

When her car was finally out of sight, I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes. Today was not the official first day of school, it was the middle of September, so it was going to be more difficult blending in and catching up with the subjects; so I must not be distracted today.

As I turned to look at the entrance of the gigantic school that almost looked like a university, a familiar boy was walking towards me. His black hair was very messy today and his jeans were dirty on the knee area, I lift my eyes from his pants to look at his shy eyes.

"You must be Leipis?"

"Lapis." I corrected and exhaled the breath that had entered my lungs a few seconds ago. The boy blushed at my tone and reached to scratch the back of his head, his semi-muscular arm flexing at the movement of it.
I gulped and tried to unpin my eyes from his body- back to his eyes.

"Yes, Lapis. The teacher wanted to know if you were around here. You're kind of a big deal."

Woah, nobody has even seen my face and everybody knows my name already.

I feel my cheeks hit a temperature and I gaze at the school behind him awkwardly. "Really? A big deal? Hehe...why?"

"Well you were the only one to hit a perfect score in the academy's online test. Well...after me of course." He pointed at himself with both of his thumbs while showing a crooked smile.

"You scored a perfect score as well?" I asked, feeling a small smirk form on my lip. He looked like a nice boy, yet if you stay and look at his image he can be tricky to trust.

"Obviously, I'm number two on the school's top ten students." He brushed his dusty shoulder and bit his lip.

Okay he's cute.

Now that I notice...there was about like ten to fifteen students outside of the academy, as in the front yard. The majority of them were staring at us very creepily and even funny- some were whispering to each other's ears. But back to the cute boy...

"That's a cool fact. I wonder who's number one." I smiled at him, his eyes suddenly rolled in a pleasing way. His hands popped out and he clenched them back in to a fist- "Wait until you meet her!" He laughed, noticing that action, he awkwardly clears his throat and hides his hands behind his back.

"But anyways...My name is James."

"Lapis Lazuli. Oh wait...you already knew that." I laughed nervously, beginning to twirl a lock of my hair.

You're making a fool of yourself.

I look around nervously and gasp for no reason, this made him jump a bit.