Chapter 26

3 weeks later
I was out with lily for the night and now she had me stealing from a shop.
It was like our little business that we had going on.
I understood why she did what she did there was no other way for her to make money.
She told me about her record and her past and that no one would hire her.
The best place and time to get money was too rob placed so we would drive miles out of the city and find old gas stations that no one would use and really no one know that they are there.

We were both on one of our trips and we found this old gas station.
The pumps looked like there broken and hadn't been used in years and inside the shop , the shelfs where empty , maybe one or two items on them.

The plan that we had now was I would go in and ask to use the bathroom but I had no English. Normally it's an old person behind the counter and they would be on there own and then they would leave and show me the where the bathroom and then here's where lily would come In and Steal what ever she can get her hands on.

We were in the middle of this plan but this was the first time that we got caught.
What lily didn't realise was that this old man had a grandson in the back of the shop and he saw lily come in and take the money.
I was unaware that lily had been caught and when I walked out of the bathroom that old man was dragging me back into the shop.
Lily was fighting with the grandson and he was really angry.
He was about to hit lily but then Vic came out from the back and tackled him to the ground and then Vic and that boy were fighting.

Lily grabbed my hand and ran out the door and in to the car and Vic jumped into the back of another car and then we both speeded off down the road.

When we got back to the house Vic started to yell at us.
" what the hell are you doing" he said
" ooh shut up Vic , I knew what I was doing" lily said.
I stayed quite and sat on the step.
Nick stood in front of me.
Me grabbed my hand and brought me into the room beside him.
" so are you going to tell me what the hell you and Lils were doing tonight."
He said to me.
" something we've been doing for months" I said to him.
" your still angry with me" he said
"Hmm " I said

The reason I'm angry at him is a couple of weeks ago lily and me broke into some office that had my files.
I was sick of not knowing who I am so me and lily decides to break in and get the answer that I wanted.

I had my folder in my hand and I was about to open it up but Vic and nick walked in and took us back to the house and nick took my folder off me and I know he took it with him but i haven't found them.

He won't give then to me.
So I'm not speaking to him or even sleeping in he same room as him anymore.
Lily has a spare bed in her room and we both agree a long time ago that it's mine now.

We both moved the beds right beside each other and talk most of the night.
But there was that one night.
Lily and I decided to watch a movie downstairs and we both fell asleep on the couch and Vic lifted lily to her room but nick brought me to his room and when I woke up I was not happy to see his face so.. I got my revenge in a massive pillow fight.
But Vic finds the whole thing funny that it's been nearly 4 weeks and I still haven't spoken to nick.

Now me and lily were on our bed and nick came in and jumped on us.
You can tell that we weren't that impressed by his actions and then reminded him on that one time me and lily got him arrested.

We were looking after this kid for a couple of hours and we planned to get nick and the kid alone but we were in a shopping mall and the kid wanted to go to the bathroom so we made nick take him and the rest was all planned.
That kid scream and then everyone was looking and watching nick and then the cops came over and took nick away and we went and took the kid.
Let's just say nick wasn't the happy when he came home.

One week later.
Lily was on a job during the night and I was on her bed.
Well she broke mine, I told her that If she continued to jump on my bed it would break and then the bottom of the leg just snapped one night.
When nick and Vic heard the crash from there rooms they came running in but just to us laughing our heads off.

Just then my phone started to buzz.
The number was blocked so I don't know who was ringing me.
I answered it. It was lily, she got caught on her night and the cops were saying a heavy life sentence , and to get nick and Vic down to the station.

I ran into the Vic room and he wasn't there.
I then rang into nicks room and Vic was on the bed on his laptop and nick was just out of the shower.
He was topless and only had sweat pants on and I forgot how hot he looked, he got a couple more tattoos.
I remember lily when I noticed my self looking at nick for too long.
"Lily been caught and it's bad we need to go down to her now, hurry" I said
" nick it's your turn" Vic said instantly, he was still on his laptop and didn't really care.
"Vic don't you care that your younger sister is behind bars and is going to be there for a long time alone and scared and your not going to get of your ass and help her" I said walking over to him.
He just looked at me and I could see only darkness in his eyes.

Nick grabbed my hand and brought me outside and we both got in his car and drove to the stations.

When we got there he told me to stay in the car.
I didn't like that and tried to get out of the car when he did but he locked my door so I couldn't get out then he locked his door on the outside so I was trapped inside this car and I could only watch as he walk away and into the building.
It must have been 40 mins later he came out with papers and he got into the car and drove off.

He seemed angry.
I asked him questions about lily but he just stayed quite.

Before you go to their house they have a long wide beach and he stopped the car in the side of the road and ran down to the beach and I followed him.
He fell in the sand and I kneeled down in front of him.
His hand and arms found there way to my waist and he hugged me.
I wrapped my arms around him and his head went on my shoulder.

I knew I missed this.
I knew I missed him.
His smell , his hugs , his eyes , his lip , his cheeky smile , kissing him.
It's nearly been a month since I've hugged him , slept beside him, it's nearly been a month since I grabbed his face and kissed him.

"Lily is behind bars for 8 months she had drugs on her and in her system. She started to fight with a cop and that got 2 more months on her sentence.
They won't tell me her bail and her court date is 3 days from now but until then she had to stay behind bars.
They wouldn't even let me see her" he said
I could see it in his eyes that he was sad.
Hurt even.

"6 years ago when my mother was on her deathbed she told me to look after the family. Keep Vic away from the wrong people and keep lily clean.
Now Vic is head of those people and lily ... she been out of control for a while." Nick said.

For the next couple of hours we were both on the beach.
Just talking , cuddling, and maybe even kissing from time to time.

I was surrounded by waves crashing.
Under a sky filled with stars and a big bright full moon.
And the best part is I was with nick.