Chapter 3

I was Beyond scared at this time I just got into a car with a complete stranger.

"Were you going to " he asked .
"umm.. a hotel ". I answered quietly unsure of what I actually wanted.
First time I got free and this is what I'm doing.
What would my stepmother do if she caught me.

Ok so maybe I didn't know what I was doing ...
This was the first time I actually ran away I tried before but I was young and I always got caught, and got hit every time stepmother found me.

I never read about running away before ... but I guess getting in the car with a complete stranger ... is a start .. and very bad start.

He looked at me and laugh bit .. "won't find many hotels round here girl, if ya need a place to crash I have a spare bed at mine ... if ya like" he said

I pause for a minute and just said "yes" my voice was so dry I could hardly speak.

He kind of laugh and i got into his car and then speeded off down the road.

Ok so now I feeling like getting in a car with a stranger was a bad idea but now staying a night in his house.

But what did I know most of my life was spent down in a basement and getting hit and worst by my stepmother.
My life wasn't normal.

I looked at this clock in the car and it was 4:34am... The car journey was so quiet ... He kept checking his phone and before I knew it my eyelids were getting heavy and I fell asleep ..now how stupid can I be .. fall asleep in his car .. anything could of happen to me .. but what did I know.

When most kids growing up are taught it's bad to meet strangers and never get in the car with them and never go any where with them.
But I never had that .. I never had any one telling me what was right and wrong.

I guess I made all the wrong mistake.

Next thing I knew .. I woke up in a bed ... like a new soft bed .. like it was just bought in a shop ... and fresh clean new sheets that smelled so good.

I don't have any memory of walking up in a bed, so I wanted to save this moment forever.
I didn't think I would ever be in a bed like this ever again.

I learned to stop dreaming and hoping a long time ago.
Someone like me doesn't have a angel looking over her.
I don't get and second change to get a life.

I sat up to see my surrounding.
I was in a giant room ... there was a dark wooden wardrobe by the door and bedside tables one with a clock and a little dark blue box with a tiny lock on it and both has night lamps.
Right across from me was giant mirror on the wall and what looked like a work table underneath it .. .. it had a black case laptop and 3 folder full on papers beside it and either side of it was a door .

I was shaken away from my thoughts when I hear laughter and footsteps coming towards me from outside the room.

This just reminded me of when I heard stepmother come into the basement and either give me some cold horrible food in a bowl ... and call me names ... or some times she just came in drunk and hit me I got use to it really quickly.

Just as my eyes are watering from remembering all the horrible memories I had.

A guy walked in and had some food in his hand ...
it was the same guy from last night ... in the car.

He handed me some toast and a glass of water .. he looked at me funny ...
no wonder I was trying not to cry.

I stared at the food and he said "it's ok for you to eat it won't kill ya , it's just some toast and water , I thought you must be hungry".. and then his phone buzzed and he said "i'll be back in a minute"

And just like that I was left alone again .... I had a sip of water and that made me feel a lot better ... I look at the other thing ... toast ... was it bad I wasn't entirely sure what it was ... I took one slice up and bit into it ... it tasted ok.

I guess being locked down in a basement all your life you miss out on things and I started having more and before I knew it ...it was all gone ..
and just as I had my last bite he walked back in again ...

Let the awkwardness begin again ..