Chapter 23

I walked into the kitchen and saw nick on the table on his laptop.
I walked over to him and I was in his tshirt and he had a dirty smile on his face when he saw I was wearing it.
He closed his laptop quickly.
I didn't think much of it, I just thought he was finished looking at whatever he was on.

"We have to go back to the town today." He said.
" ok" I said in a low tone. I didn't really want to go back.
But I felt like something was going to be different today. I keep telling myself Maybe this was going to be a good day.  But I knew something bad was going to happen.
I just had a feeling something was going to go wrong.

We got back Into the car and it must have been 4 hours later and nick stopped for gas at some old station.
He was inside paying and getting some food for us and I needed the toilet.
I got out of the car and went around the Corner and saw a sign to the toilets
I went in and there was a old lady washing her hands.
I went into the stall and when I came out that old lady grabbed me and said "you have to go home , it's all down to you now , save us "

I didn't understand what she was saying so I just ran outside and ran in to vic's arms.
He didn't look happy but he never does.
I told him about the old lady in there and he opened the door and a massive rat ran out and disappeared.

Nick came now and didn't seem surprised the see Vic here maybe he knew he was here.
They nodded there heads and then we all went back into the car and drove up to the house.

I walked in and lily ran right to me.
I did miss her.
We went up to her room and she was telling me about the new clothes and makeup that she had bought.

I told her about the old crazy lady that I met and she just stopped and looked at me.
Then she just went back to messing with her clothes.
I knew something was up. I knew they weren't telling me something.

Next day

I was shopping with lily and we then went off with some guy to a party.
I got bored in the house so I walked out of the house and I started  to walk down the road and I felt like I been here before.
And by the time I realised I know this street. I was standing outside my old home.
But the only difference  was there was a no entry banner on the door.
I walked up to the door and there was little yellow markers with numbers on the ground.

I started to walk away and then I saw two women walking and they were talking about some murder.

" it was horrible how that women died " lady one said.
" yes she was robbed too , police said that stuff were missing" lady two said.
" I heard that she was drunk all the time , and didn't see have a foster child at one time" lady one said.
" no she married someone with a child but I heard that it wasn't even his kid, he found that child on a road or something" lady one said.

After that I stopped listening to them.
My parents weren't my parents. This isn't making any sense.
If they weren't my parents then who is.
I turned and nick was driving down my road.
I didn't want him To see me and so I ran into the house.

I walked around the rooms  and it was like the police were moving things maybe evening cleaning.
There was papers on the floor and a box with evidence written on it.
I picked up the paper and it was all about my stepmother.
Mrs Chelsea  wood. 36 years old, remarried 3 times , arrested for abusing shop owner and robbing.

The rest of her paper were missing after that
Then I looked at the box with evidence on it and open it and took the first sheet.
Mrs wood, murdered stabbed in the leg , shot in the arm and head, 3 broken ribs.
I know I disliked her a lot but the way she was murdered seem horrible.
But what she did to me was horrible.

I looked back in the box
Then there was a poster. I picked it up and it had missing down the side.
3 year old missing since last Tuesday.
Wearing a blue hoodie and dark jeans.
Reward will be given
Answers to .
The rest of this poster was ripped off.

Maybe this was me. Maybe people didn't know I was down in the basement.
I hated the fact that I didn't have the name but I am happy being Beatrix Adams.
Well Beatrix and I don't even know if this missing girl is even me.

I started to walk around the house now.
I saw what looked it a old photo album on the floor under a bed so I picked it up and look through it.

On the first page there was a picture of a women and a little baby.
I picked it up a and looked at the women more.
Maybe she was my mother but she had brown eyes and dark black hair.
But I knocked on the back there was writing.
Baby's first day in her new home.

I keep looking at the pictures and I realised each one had writing on the back.
Some one likes chocolate.
First time walking.
First doll.

I was about to closed the album and a couple of sheets fell out.
I picked the up and they were really faded, but I could read foster child 4 month old.
So these people weren't my really parents.

This just left me with one question.
Who am I.