Chapter 15

I was finished shopping with lily now and I was at the front door and I was about to walk into the house but before I could get to the door it opened and auntie and uncle were there and they didn't look happy.

Uncle Jeremy said " Beatrix get inside now we need to talk" after  Auntie Amanda said " Beatrix were very disappointed now please sit down in the sitting room ".

I walked over to the door and open it thinking that they know about me lying to them , going out and spending the day with lily and  they know about me still speaking to nick and I open the door to a big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY " I looked around and saw everyone that I knew the nice neighbours and all their kids and Emily was here.

Meredith and Johnny ran over to me and hugged me and said " happy birthday "
And I saw so many present on the table. And there was a happy birthday banner hanging on the walls and balloons everywhere and Meredith said " Beatrix you should see the cake mummy and daddy has , its massive "

We all laughed at what she said and made our way to the kitchen and Emily held my arm and whispered "I'm sorry "
I hugged her and whispered back " it  normal for sister to fight "
And then she said " Meredith right the cake looks amazing , I can't wait to eat it"

Later in the evening.

Uncle Jeremy, Auntie Amanda, Meredith, Johnny and Emily and I were all watching movie and eating popcorn and sweets that were left over from the party.
And I said " How did you know it was my birthday , I don't know the actual date "
Auntie Amanda said " you said to Meredith before that you didn't know your birthday so we all decided that we want to give you a birthday"
I smiles and continued to watch the movie.
Happy to know July 16 was my birthday.

Everyone was in bed now.
Emily and I were in my room on my bed watching videos on YouTube.
It was nearly midnight and we started talking about the 2 teacher that are secretly having a affair in school they thought  no one knew but everyone knew.

"So I saw you with nick sister in the mall the last day" Emily said.
" yeah we were looking at dress and trying them on and had lunch together." I said.
"So I guess if your handing out with her nick is still in your life ". She said.
" why do you care , we haven't spoken in month I know you don't like him but I do, em what happen to you , what happen to us em."i said
" I guess time changes a person. " she said
" no Emily I want to know why have you been so angry and why haven't you spoken to me in month and you going out drinking , there something happening and your now telling me , I thought we were sisters ".  I said I thought I had a right to know why my best friend was drifting away from me.

Ok so maybe I was a tiny bit harsh speaking to her just then but I want to know what happen to my best friend.
She just turned around and went to sleep.

One week later

So I was in the library trying to finding book to do more research for homework and then I moved to the tables and behind me was two older ladies talking and what I heard was heartbreaking that I had to hear it like this and not from my best friend.

Lady 1  " did you about the employee in the bank Mr Norris. "

It got my attention because Emily's dad works in the bank and their name is Norris.

Lady 2 " I know he was stealing for years "
Lady 1 " well I never trusted that family .and did you hear about he's daughter she's out of control , she's gone completely wild , wasn't her name Ellie or Emily
Lady 2 " something like that and I would not blame you , I'm glad that he got fired and that they are moving."
Lady 1 " yes. Hope they never come back.

I ran out of the library crying.
She was moving and she didn't tell me and was it true what her father did.
She never told me any of it.
I guess that explains why she hasn't been herself lately
I was at her door now and I was ringing the door bell and she answered and I ran in and to her room.

" what the hell your can't just burst into someone house like that bea"
"Em so it true " 
" what true , bea what are you doing here"
"Em what did your dad do , are your moving "

She just looked like she wanted the ground to come take her now.
Was she that ashamed to tell me what's been happening in her life.

"Em why didn't you tell me , I told you about my past , don't you trust me".
" bea I do trust you , but everything that's been happening , I didn't know who to trust , everyone was looking at me and drinking made me forget about it all"
" em I sorry you had to deal with all this on your own. "
" well bea it's all true , my dad did steal and now in 3 days my mother is gonna be taking me away "

I just looked at her 3 day I was going to lose my friend in 3 days.
We were both crying on her bed I didn't want to lose my best friend.
But there was nothing she could do. Her father lost everything , the house , cars , job .
So Emily mother was talking everything's that she owned and her daughter and leaving him.

My house was 35 mins walk away from Emily and I was walking home now.
And all I could think about was what she just said to me.
She didn't want to start any long distance relationship.
Every plan that we made she wanted it dead.
Every dream that we dreamt she said that it would never come true.
We probably had about 40 pictures printed around her room and she had taken them all down and every present I ever gave her or anything I bought her was all in a box.
She was going to bin it all or burn it later so she told me to take what I want.

I walked into my front door and I was trying not to cry and uncle Jeremy was coming out of the kitchen and saw me and he just called Amanda .
She just saw me and hugged me.
It was like she knew that this was going to happen.
I can kind of guess that she already knew what Emily father did and that her mother was leaving and taking her.

I just cried and told auntie Amanda everything.
It was nice that I had her to talk to and rely on.
I went to bed but couldn't sleep.
I stayed up most of the night thinking of every moment I had with Emily.
And it will all be gone soon and forgot.