[sixty seven]

Indi's POV

Pain seared through my head the second I opened my eyes the next morning. My stomach was throbbing and my mouth tasted like pure vomit.

Jesus fuck. What happened?

I was too stiff to move. Last night spun dizzily through my mind. The bar, Alex, the tequila. God, so much fucking tequila.

I was lying on the edge of my bed, facing the wall. My arm was extended outward, a piece of black fabric dangling off my pointer finger. I almost choked when I realized it was my bra.

A noise came from behind me. Then movement. And then it hit me all at once.

Alex was in my bed.

My bra was in my hand and Alex was in my fucking bed.

Oh god.

He shifted again, grunted, and then threw a heavy arm around me. A very bare, heavy arm.

I felt like I was going to throw up.

I assessed the situation further. I had clothes on, but to my horror, I realized they weren't mine.

I was wearing Alex's white shirt. The same white shirt he'd had on last night. Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck.

I took a deep breath and slowly moved onto my back so that I could look at him. He was out cold, his mouth hanging open slightly. I was completely expecting him to be naked, so I felt a wave of relief wash over me when I saw that he had boxers on.

Granted, boxers were the only thing he had on. But still. It was better than nothing.

There was a heavy feeling in my stomach. I knew right then and there that I'd fucked up.

Badly.

I pushed his arm off of me and got out of bed, the feeling of dread intensifying. What had we done? What had we fucking done? I couldn't remember any of it.

I ran to the bathroom. I needed to get out.

I washed my face vigorously, refusing to look at myself in the mirror. I didn't want to see last night all over me.

I brushed my teeth three times and pulled my hair up. I started to pace back and forth, trying to remember anything. But there was nothing but a hazy darkness clouding the entire night.

I heard Alex get up after a while, but I couldn't bring myself to leave the bathroom. Did he remember? Even more important, did he see me naked?

The thought of it instantly set my skin on fire. My body has never been something I was comfortable sharing, and honestly, the thought of Alex seeing all the imperfections I hid under my clothes was fucking terrifying.

What if I had been drunk and threw myself at him? What if he thinks I'm some kind of slut? What if we had sex? What if we had sex and I was horrible? What if-

"Oi," Alex said from the other side of the door, interrupting my volatile thoughts. "Are you done in there, disaster girl?"

My heart felt like it was beating a mile a minute. Maybe I should pretend like I wasn't there.

"Nobody's home," I said after a long pause. What else could I say?

"Are you... are you okay?"

"Peachy."

I heard him lean up against the door.

"Alright, well, can you just slide some Tylenol under the door then? My head is fucked. Last night was insane. I woke up in your bed."