[thirty three]

Indi's POV

I shut myself in my room, trying desperately to catch my breath.

Alex Turner was going to be the fucking death of me.  There was no doubt about that.

I tried to keep my cool the best that I could around him. I wasn't sure if he could see what he did to me or not, but I was really hoping he couldn't.  The last thing I needed was for him to know that he could get to me.

I brushed my teeth about fifteen times and then busied myself looking for a swimsuit.  I wasn't sure if Rose had packed mine or not, but after ten minutes of hopeless searching, I decided that she didn't.  So I looked through her stuff, which she had haphazardly strewn across the room, looking for one of hers.  She had to have one.  She overpacked for everything.

I finally found a silver two piece that I already knew would look absolutely horrid on me.  But I didn't really have much of an option, and if I didn't want Alex to think I was in the bedroom hyperventilating about the last hour I'd spent with him, then I needed to get a move on.

I quickly changed into the swimsuit and threw on his blue shirt because I needed something loose to wear that covered me on my way down the stairs.  And because I liked the way it smelled.

God, that was fucking stupid.  I was beginning to pull it off when Rose barged in the door.

"There you are," she said, crossing the room to me.  Her hair was wet and she was wearing her red bikini that I'm sure was probably driving Matt crazy.  "Are you okay?  Alex said you threw up."

"Yeah, I'm good."

She noticed the shirt then, raising her eyebrows.  "Did you guys....?"

"No!" I couldn't spit the word out quick enough.  "No, I just needed something to wear over your hideous silver swimsuit."

Why did it sound like I was lying?

She shrugged and grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door.  "I'll pretend to believe you.  For now."