[twenty three]

Indi's POV

No.  No.  No.

Just fucking no.

I don't know how in the hell I'd gotten to the place, but currently, I was in the backseat of Alicia's car, following the Arctic Monkeys up the mountains to their cabin.

I had no clue who decided the fate of the universe, but whoever it was needed to calm the fuck down.  Because things were getting ridiculously complicated.  

"So Matt is in that band," Alicia said, staring at their car in front of us in shock.  "He's in... Arctic Monkeys."

Rose turned around to face me.  I hadn't spoken to either of them since getting in the car.  

"I had no clue, Indi," she said to me.  "Matt didn't tell me."

I shook my head.  There's no way she could have known until I came waltzing out of the ski lodge with three-fourths of the band by my side.  And judging by her expression when she saw us, this was just as much of a surprise to her as it was to me. 

I knew she would have told me if she had any clue-- she'd listened to my rants about Alex Turner for months after the interview.   She knew that I loathed him.

But how I felt about him back then was nothing compared to now. 

"The bloody guy you helped last night," Rose said, her eyebrows pulling together. "It was Alex, wasn't it?"

I only nodded. 

"Is that why his face looked like he fell off a bridge?" Alicia asked, laughing.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Rose demanded, disappointment staining her voice.  

"I... I don't know, Rose.  Last night was just so confusing.  I didn't expect any of it.  And I guess I thought it was best to keep it to myself because I thought..."

"You thought what?"

"I thought that I'd never see him again."

She crossed her arms and turned forward.  "No more secrets, Indi.  Okay?  Especially not ones a huge at this."

"Of course not," I said.  "I swear I'll tell you everything from here on out."

"You better."

I sat back in my seat, still burning with rage at Alex for being a slut, and disdain for myself for keeping it all from Rose as we headed up the mountain. 

I hoped Alex knew that the only reason I was going up to this fucking cabin was for Rose, and because I had absolute nowhere else to go.