30: Rescue Underway✔️

MUSIC: [Electro] - Pegboard Nerds - Disconnected [Monstercat Release]

"Okay, you guys ready?" Tails spoke, bringing up a projected map of Eggman's base in front of him. Each section was highlighted with different alarms and sensors.

Silver glanced at the four in the communicator, frowning as he put them on a big screen for the rest of them to see, "What is Jayde wearing?"

Through the screen, the young grey hedgehog looked at herself, grinning. Rouge responded, "Let's just say GUN paid her a little visit!"

Blaze's eyes widened as she stared at the female, noticing some kind of similarities between her and the white hedgehog beside her, "She looks like a Freedom Fighter." The purple feline spoke, glancing at Silver. He nodded, watching Jayde flick a few things from Shadow's top quills.

"She'd be a good Freedom Fighter too." Sonic spoke up, stretching out his arm and jogging on the spot.

"Guys." Tails said, grabbing their attention. "Okay, Jayde, if you go in through the vents, there will be sensors directly in front of you - don't use these. Instead go through the main entrance after the diversion - that's when you turn invisible. As Espio said, invisibility can allow you to move through things at will. It's easier however to take the main root rather than go through walls."

Jayde frowned, "Why not?"

"One; because your concentration isn't perfect and you're still in your learning stages. Two; because you can't travel through the ceiling and the security panel is on the top floor." Tails explained. The grey hedgehog flicked an ear at the concentration comment but avoided saying anything about it.

"Okay, Knuckles and I will go and create a diversion; that will give you a few minutes to get to the panel and disable the alarms." Rouge nodded towards the grey hedgehog, removing the communicator from the echidna's arm and tossing it towards Shadow who caught it with ease. The pair ran off, leaving Jayde and Shadow.

They continued to walk to Eggman's base, side by side in comfortable silence. Jayde still hadn't properly said thank you to Shadow saving her from her Negative form. Without him, she wouldn't be here right now. Being trapped in Raven was terrifying. She could see everything but couldn't do anything to stop it.

"Shades?" The red striped hedgehog turned his head to her. Jayde didn't make eye contact and stared straight forward, "Thank you for saving me."

Shadow frowned at her, grabbing her wrist to stop her from moving away, "You know I'll protect you from anything, right?"

Jayde's eyes studied the male, but nothing by honesty and trust rose from him. She smiled slightly but it was quickly replaced by a frown, "W-Why do you care so much about me? I mean, the rest... you always seem to ignore or avoid them. What makes me so special?" Jayde asked, biting her lip. Shadow's crimson orbs watched the female carefully.

Shadow didn't know why he cared for her so much. But all he knew is that he'd save her no matter what, even if it meant his life. Her personality, her eyes looked like Maria's. But the ebony hedgehog had to force himself to remember that she wasn't. This was Jayde, not Maria. Jayde was different to his early friend in so many ways. The grey female stood out from anyone else he had ever met and he wouldn't let her go easily. Jayde knew that Shadow was thinking, but she could see she didn't need an answer. The hedgehog held everything in those ruby pools as he stared at her; trust, hope.

Jayde went to continue to walk towards Eggman's base but Shadow held her wrist tight, yanking her back. She was closer to him now as he stared down at her. The male studied all of her features, not knowing what to say.