28: Frantic Guardian✔️

MUSIC: K-391 - Earth [NCS Release]

Meanwhile, the echidna and bat were trying to calm a frantic Guardian. His natural instincts as a wolf would have kicked in to find his pack if it had not been for Knuckles holding onto his wrists, "There's no point trying. You won't find Eggman's base and even if you did you'd be captured as soon as you entered." The red echidna huffed, pushing the elder wolf back again. The Guardian glared at Knuckles and Rouge; their disrespect towards him was unnatural to him.

"You dare question my power?"

Rouge rolled her sapphire orbs and crossed her arms as she stared with half open eyes, "It's not whether you're powerful enough or not, hun, it's Eggman's defence systems that will trap you."

The Guardian stopped struggling when he thought about what the white bat had said. He didn't even know who this 'Eggman' was, and to be captured by him could cause devastating things to happen to the world if this evil genius stole anymore of their power.

A luminous light suddenly shone in front of them, causing each to cover their eyes momentarily. The elder stood guard with the staff in front of him protectively; afraid of another attack from the Dr Eggman they feared. A red and black hedgehog appeared as the light abruptly disappeared, a light grey female on his shoulders. Rouge raised an eyebrow at Jayde as Shadow dropped her from the height, chuckling to herself.

"Hey, guys." The blue-eyed, grey quilled female spoke, fist bumping the red echidna. She grinned up to Rouge, the bat being a few inches taller than her, "How's your teamwork going?"

"Just great if this batty bat would stop thinking about jewels and gems." Knuckles muttered, crossing his arms and turning away.

The white bat glanced at him, "What was that Knuckie? Where you talking about me; how sweet." Knuckles muzzle camouflaged with his red fur as he grimaced, glaring at the female.

"What's the problem?" Shadow asked, his usual monotone voice coming back into play. He crossed his arms, looking slightly intimidating towards the other males as he stood tall. Jayde glanced at the red striped male, frowning slightly.

"Eggman has captured two of the Guardians and the last two Shards." Knuckles filled him in, walking towards the hedgehog and distancing himself from the pale bat, "We need you to locate his base for us and then Jayde can sneak in."

Shadow nodded slightly before staring at the grey hedgehog, who had a hand placed on her hip, a small frown etched on her face. Her concentration had clearly been distracted as Knuckles was talking and her name had brought back her attention, "What about me?"

Rouge chuckled at the female, "You need to sneak into Eggman's base in order to disable any alarms and security bots." Jayde nodded to her comrades, understanding their plan.

Shadow stepped forwards slightly, his arms still across his chest, "There's a problem though." The three teammates and Guardian looked towards the Ultimate Lifeform questioningly, "I do know where the Doctors base is; but I don't know where the control panel is to disable the alarms."

Rouge stared at the hedgehog blankly, "So, you go there, most of the time, and yet, you don't know where the control panel is?"

"I don't go exploring around his lair, you know. I'm not some little kid." Shadow snapped, glaring at his GUN partner. Rouge grunted, rolling her orbs at the red and black hedgehog in front of her, his eyelids closed and his head turned away slightly.

Knuckles clicked his fingers, "Maybe Tails knows!" he tapped on his communicator before the young fox appeared on the screen. The red echidna filled him in on the details and he soon understood.

"Okay," he murmured, flicking some switches on his computer through the screen, "I know how to get through Eggman's base, but I can't tap into the security system. Jayde will need to go invisible with the directions I'll give her." Tails frowned, "But if I do that Eggman's sensors would hear the communicator."

Rouge glanced at the Ultimate Lifeform, "Shadow, do you still have those earpieces GUN gave you?"

The male rummaged through his quills, a slight frown on his muzzle, before his gloved hands pulled out two earpieces, handing one to the grey hedgehog, "Tails, if you tell me where Jayde needs to go, I'll direct her with these." Shadow told the twin-tailed fox, showing him the devices.

"That would work." He grinned.

"Eggman's base is ten miles west of us," Shadow muttered, tapping on a completely different gadget in his hands. "I can chaos control us closer but if I transport us too close the sensors would pick us my chaos energy." They all nodded before surrounding the dark hedgehog, "Chaos control!"