13: Fighting Fossils ✔️

MUSIC: (Sonic Generations Version) Vengeance Is Mine - Cash Cash Remix / Radical Highway: Act 1 (Classic) (Sonic Adventure 2)

An elder wolf stood beside the dinosaurs, a stern look on his face as he rested against a staff, two more Raptors appearing out of nowhere behind him, "You!" he pointed at the hedgehogs, his eyes shining over, "You have stolen one of the Seven Shards from the Secret Garden! Prepare for battle!"

"Wait!" the grey hedgehog put her hands out in front of her, "We need this to fight against the evil genius Eggman! He plans to take over the planet-"

"Lies!" the wolf snapped, "You have not proved yourself worthy!"

"If it's a fight he wants," Shadow stepped forward, beside the grey female, "it's a fight he'll get."

The three fossils ran towards the hedgehogs, making them dive out the way. Jayde's fingers scraped against the grass to prevent her from falling, making a mental note to watch the edge of the cliff. Fighting on land this close to the sea was not great and she never liked cliffs to begin with.

Shadow charged up his energy before blasting them with chaos spears, aiming directly into their face. Jayde used her invisibility to hide from the Raptors, using the spin dash technique to knock them off guard. But the Raptor's where made of positive Riot energy, using her power would be useless. The grey hedgehog was pinned on the ground, the sharp claws of the Raptor digging into her flesh, making her wince. Her gloved hand pushed against its face, landing a punch on its nostrils. It flew back with the force Jayde had used, smacking against a tree and the inhibitor rings on her wrists darkened to her anger.

The ebony hedgehog leapt as the remaining fossils rushed towards him, another chaos spear erupting from his palms. The Raptors cornered him into the rocks, gaining the grey hedgehog's attention. She jumped from the trees, clenching her fists, landing a blow on the smallest, a low growl coming from its chest as it turned to face her, its murky eyes glistening in anger.

The red and black hedgehog ran forward, giving one final chaos blast to the dinosaur before it slumped on the ground. He turned, finding the grey female being cornered by the edge of the cliff. Her ears pinned back in anger, her teeth clenched as she raised her hands just as the Raptor jumped towards her; but he didn't get far. The dark hedgehog pounced on its neck, throwing it off guard. The Raptor shook off the red and black hedgehog, running towards the female. Jayde slipped back, gripping hold of the rocks with her hand, a sharp gasp leaving her. She struggled to hold on, watching the Raptor leap toward her to make the final kill until a foot collided with its side, making it lose its balance and topple off the edge of the cliff.

Jayde breathed a shaky sigh of relief, closing her eyes tight to reach up her right hand; but instead of grabbing rocks, she clutched the gloved hand of the ebony hedgehog, who grunted as he lifted her up, pulling her away from the edge. Jayde let out a breath, rolling on the floor, waving her hands and legs in the air as she cheered, "I'm alive!"

Shadow chuckled at her before turning towards the wolf who smiled at the two hedgehogs, admiring their friendship. They both had proven themselves through courage and resilience; not to mention the inhibitor rings he had noticed on the wrists of the grey female once they started fighting.

"Congratulations, you have proven yourselves worthy of holding onto the Shard. Please take good care of it." then he vanished in a puff of smoke. Jayde looked up from the ground of where the wolf stood in shock.

"By the way, Renee," she looked to the ebony hedgehog who spoke to her, "You're heavier than you look." It took awhile for Jayde to process what he said as he turned and walked off.