3: The Return✔️

MUSIC: (Sonic Generations Version) Boss- Big Arms (Sonic 3 Final Boss)

Meanwhile in Eggman's Lair

The bald man stared at his computer, his eye twitching every so often. He had just about enough of that hedgehog ruining his plans and he wasn't going to let him again. Calculations were going through his brain as he continued to type, Orbot and Cubot adding the final touches to his proclaimed 'greatest invention yet'.

"Boss, if you don't mind me asking; what is this for?" Orbot asked, the red robot floating over to his creator. Eggman chuckled, pressing the enter button on his keyboard before turning to his robotic henchmen.

"I have come to the conclusion that I cannot defeat Sonic alone, not with that grey quilled renegade on his side." The mustached man muttered, moving towards his machine.

Cubot scratched his head in confusion, "How does Jayde affect your progress? Isn't she just a normal hedgehog?"

"Sonic was just a normal hedgehog until I found out about his super speed!" Eggman exclaimed. He clicked a few things on his desk before an image of the grey hedgehog appeared in front of the three villains. "I have found out that her body connected with that crystal - she is one of the protectors of the Seven Shards."

"How do you know, boss?" Cubot asked, his red robot friend flying to his side.

Eggman pointed to her inhibitor rings. The computer zoomed in and analyzed the gold rings, "Those rings can only be given by the Gods. That renegade is the first to be a Protector, and it's extremely rare that there will be another while she is still alive. I don't think she even knows what she is."

Orbot and Cubot stared at her rings, "That jade band is powerful, right boss?" Orbot spoke.

"Indeed. But I cannot take them from that hedgehog because they would just disappear - and he along with it. I need her on my side. She could be more powerful than that traitor Shadow." Eggman grumbled, closing the image and starting up his new invention.

"I doubt Jayde would abandon her new friends though." Orbot pointed out, turning to face the Doctor. Eggman placed his goggles on his face, protecting his eyes from the light that flashed in the sealed container.

"No. She wouldn't." The bald man said, flicking a few switches, "So, she has to be turned to our side - against her friends."

Orbot and Cubot's heads rose, showing their surprised expression, "But boss, she's not a bad person. As a Protector she will always fight on the side of good, even if she doesn't know what she is." The scarlet robot told Eggman, waving his metal arms around.

"There's a weakness in her being a Protector. I've studied those shards before - when she comes into contact with negative chaos energy, her body will change and another being will rise inside her." Eggman exclaimed, his machine becoming more powerful by the second, "If we can do that, she will turn into an evil, destructive, invincible mortal. That renegade will turn against her friends and obliterate everything in her path. Not that blue rat, nor that traitor, will be able to do anything about it! Her friends will be forced to fight her and there's a rare chance they'll survive doing it." The Doctor let out an evil laugh, curling his fingers slightly.

"But boss, we can't turn the Chaos Emeralds negative." Cubot pointed out, watching his creator press a few buttons before another beam soared through the container.

"Isn't it a bad idea to even consider it?" The red, rounded robot asked, hovering by Cubot's side.

Dr. Eggman knew that this was a dangerous move to make. For all he knew, it could take over and ruin all his plans, similarly to what it did before. The mustached man knew that it took more than just Sonic to defeat him before; at least it would give the genius a chance to steal the Shards before those rodents knew what was happening.

"We can't," Eggman started, removing his goggles as the light darkened, and a recognizable black and grey hedgehog stood in the sealed container, "But Mephiles can!" he laughed.

The murky eyes of the hedgehog glared at the fat man, not pleased by being arisen in a tank, "What is the meaning of this?" Mephiles spoke through his non-existent mouth, clenching his fists. Eggman stopped laughing and looked at the creature that looked a lot like Shadow.

"Mephiles, old friend, I need you to do something for me." The hedgehog crossed his arms, showing the same mindset as the red and black hedgehog too. "You see, a new gemstone has made an appearance, the Riots crystal."

"I am not your friend. I want nothing to do with this." He muttered, clearly not interested. Mephiles had been woken from the dead after being conquered by the three male hedgehogs using his chaos control against him. His power was not what it used to be and to be destroyed again would be an embarrassment.

Eggman growled at the hedgehog, "I need you to turn the Chaos Emerald negative." This caught the creature's attention. With the Chaos Emeralds, he would be able to restore his power. But taking over the world again was not on his agenda anymore. Mephiles had already had his defeat and wanted nothing more to do with this world or that blue rodent, "Once you turn them negative, I will need you to take control of a hedgehog that goes by the name: Jayde. She hangs around with Shadow and Sonic."

Mephiles growled, glaring at the stout man who had awoken him, "Why should I do this? All you want to do is rule this world, and yet, you have already been destroyed by that blue hedgehog a number of times."

Eggman slammed his fists against the desk, praying, "Please Mephiles, that renegade has the power to control the Seven Shards. With those Shards I can become the most powerful person in the entire universe!"

"What's in it for me?" the grey and black hedgehog muttered, turning away.

The mustached man grinned, "You can finally get revenge on that telekinesis hedgehog who betrayed you."

The creature looked at Eggman through the glass. That white hedgehog had betrayed his order and didn't wipe out that blue hedgehog. If that purple cat was there, he could annihilate them both at once and he'd finally get some eternal rest. The hedgehog twisted to face the praying bald man before nodding, "I'll help you."

"Oh, thank you, Mephiles!"

"Only," Mephiles muttered, "I can finally rid the world of that white hoglet." Eggman didn't care, the only thing he understood was that Mephiles would be able to control that grey renegade and he'd be able to use her as his advantage. Not only would he have power over the Chaos Emeralds, but the Seven Shards too. The Riots crystal would be his and nothing would stand in his way, not even that blue rat.

Orbot and Cubot had stood to the side, watching the conversation between the hedgehog and their creator, "I am not so sure about this, Cubot." The red robot said to his yellow companion.

Cubot nodded, "Yeah, Eggman won't win either way." Orbot slapped his forehead, sighing at the dumb robot beside him.