4: Meeting Tails✔️

MUSIC: (Sonic Generations) Seaside Hill: Act 1

The Next Day

In a small workshop, a fox was busy on his new invention, his twin tails moving in anticipation. Goggles covered his eyes as he put the final touches on his handheld machine, a couple of blurs suddenly shooting past his door, "Hey Sonic, Blaze." He spoke, not even looking up to see that there was another hedgehog with his best friend and Blaze the Cat.

Jayde had met the feline within the few hours of that day, but the way they met wasn't greatly planned. The blue hero had just thought to bring Blaze over, but as she stepped through the door, the crafty grey hedgehog had set a prank for Sonic, meaning the female cat had a bath early that morning. Jayde almost got set on fire and now Blaze is always sure to let someone else walk in the door first.

Sonic found it funny though.

"Tails! We've got company." Tails' ears flicked when Sonic said that and hastily spun around. The fox removed his goggles, showing black outlines around his eyes where they had rested. His eyes met an unfamiliar hedgehog, blue stripes on the end of her grey quills.

The young fox waved, "Hi! I'm Miles Prower, but, uh, my friends call me Tails." He grinned slightly. The grey female smiled at the fox, his twin tails becoming somewhat fascinating to her.

"Hey, I'm Jayde the Hedgehog!" she shook his hand, then peered behind him, "Whatcha making?"

Tails' eyes widened and he quickly turned to his gadget and showed the hedgehog, "I call it the Emerald Gemstone Hunter! Or EGH for short." Jayde's happy spirit reminded him of Sonic and Amy's, so he didn't mind sharing his machine with her. The grey hedgehog sounded genuinely intrigued unlike a lot of people he meets and so he took this opportunity to make a new friend.

"What does it do?" Blaze asked from behind, although she already had a pretty good idea.

Tails grinned, "It searches the surrounding areas for crystals or gems like the Chaos Emeralds, if we should ever need them."

A light suddenly shone from inside the workshop, before a red and black hedgehog appeared. Jayde's eyes widened before she pointed towards the hedgehog, "Hey, Shadow, right?" The black hog nodded towards her.

The cerulean hedgehog raised an eyebrow at his unexpected appearance, "Faker? What are you doing here?"

The dark hedgehog turned to Sonic, "Eggman is looking for some kind of crystal, if he gets hold of it, it would give him unlimited power."

"What? How do you know?" Sonic asked, intrigued because Shadow never usually talks to the gang about these things - he can handle it himself.

"I was walking through his hideout and overheard him talking about some kind of Shards." Shadow explained.

Sonic's eyes widened, looking towards his proclaimed brother, "Does that machine of yours work, bud?"

"Sure does!" Tails spoke before turning it on. A few seconds later a low beeping noise erupted from the invention, "Something is close." Tails searched around before he landed on Jayde.

The grey hedgehog frowned before pulling out the blue Shard from her quills having completely forgotten about it. Shadow pointed towards the female hedgehog, "That's what Eggman is looking for."

"One of the Seven Shards?" Blaze asked, tilting her head and stepping closer.

"One of the what?" Jayde asked, throwing up the shard before catching it again.

"That is one of the Seven Shards, they are found in Secret Gardens. Where did you find it?" Blaze turned to the grey hedgehog.

Jayde looked at the Shard, watching as it shone in her palm, "Well, it wasn't in a Secret Garden. I found walking around the forest."

Tails frowned, his two tails moving in curiosity, "I've never heard of them before."

"I don't know much about them, Silver is the one that knows more about them because they are often used in the future." Blaze told them, "That and I was caught in the cross of teleportation when Silver was coming here."

"Yeah, he's not so smart in chaos controlling." Tails mumbled, turning a final screw on the EGH to finish it off.

"Isn't he in town right now?" Sonic asked, stepping forward.

"Yeah, he came to the past to fix something that was happening. That's why I am here for the time being." Blaze nodded.

"Who's Silver?" Everyone's attention turned to Jayde.

Sonic chuckled, "I forgot you were new. It's complicated, but if we find him you may understand better from him."

Shadow stepped forward, uncrossing his arms and pulling out a red Chaos Emerald from his dark quills, "I shall go with Jayde. I need to know about these Shards to prevent Eggman from getting them."

The grey hedgehog looked up at the male, "How are we going to get there?"

Shadow chuckled, moving towards Jayde before gripping her arm, "CHAOS CONTROL!" And then they disappeared in a vivid light.

"So much for waiting." Sonic muttered, removing his hand from his eyes, "I'm going to follow them. Shadow will probably lose Jayde or something." he chuckled.

Tails nodded, watching as his best friend race off, "And I'm going to do some research on the Seven Shards." Blaze nodded to Tails before walking over to his computer, deciding to help him.