29: GUN ✔️

MUSIC: K-391 - This Is Felicitas

Tails frowned, glaring at the computer screen. His twin-tails moved in frustration, his orbs glancing at the screen - he was trying to figure out Eggman's security code, but nothing he put in was right. Sonic, Amy, Silver and Blaze suddenly ran through the door, laughing and cheering, the young fox's ear flicking in annoyance.

"Hey, buddy!" Sonic called, patting his head. Tails huffed, typing on the keyboard, "Whatcha doing?"

"Trying to figure out Eggman's password so Jayde and Shadow can get through without hitting any alarms." Tails told the blue hero.

"Maybe it's loser." Amy muttered.

"Or scrambled." Sonic snickered, Silver and Blaze rolling their eyes at the hedgehog. His banter wasn't very good.

"How about 'Maria'?" Blaze suggested, walking towards the twin-tailed fox whose eyes widened.

"Of course! How could I forget her?" Tails quickly typed in the password and got through the Doctor's security system, all of his panels flicking from red to green. "Okay, we're in." His gloved hand grabbed his communicator, projecting the screen as Knuckles came to view.

"Tails! Are you in?"

The young fox nodded, glancing between the communicator and the computer screen, "Apparently Eggman's security panel is the opposite his control room on the top floor. Between there and the entrance, there's a lot of guard bots."

Rouge appeared on screen, "How about a diversion?"

Tails looked at the map of the Doctor's lair and his surroundings, "If you start to attack some bots about half a mile from his main base, it will trigger an alert alarm, but nothing major. This could give Jayde at least ten minutes to search for the control room and disable all the alarms." The young fox looked up from his screen as a smash was heard.

He saw Sonic on his tiptoes, pointing down at the broken vase, Amy Rose with her hammer in the air and glancing at the young fox as well, "That wasn't... antique right?" Sonic gave a worried look.

Tails rolled his eyes, "Lucky for you, no."

From the other side of the communicator, the grey female and the Ultimate Lifeform were listening intently, taking in every piece of information Tails was giving them, Jayde chuckling at Sonic and Amy. Each of them knew they had a limited time, but Jayde worried most she wouldn't be able to keep her concentration for very long.

"Okay Tails, I'll call back when we're closer to Egghead's base." Knuckles said before disconnecting them. Shadow had teleported them two miles away from the lair, any closer would have brought attention to them.

"Jayde, have you learnt to stay invisible for a longer period of time yet?" Rouge asked, walking alongside the female. The hedgehog fiddled with a twig in her palms, sighing slightly. Her dark orbs looked up to the trees.

"I'm not sure." She frowned, glancing at the pale bat. "What if he has other alarms we don't know about?" Rouge gave her a supportive smile, continuing to move forward, her eyes glancing up towards the sky. There was one thing Rouge knew would help the young hedgehog to be more confident in herself. The bat hoped so anyway.

As if on cue, a helicopter was heard over head, the two hedgehogs and echidna looking up to the clouds, "Right on time." Rouge grinned, glancing towards the Ultimate Lifeform whose eyes widened slightly.

"You called them?" The bat shrugged at the male. Their quills blew back with the propellers, covering their eyes from the dust particles.

"Who is 'them'?" Knuckles growled, looking up at the helicopter as it landed. Three soldier dressed people, each equipped with a bullet proof jacket, combat knives and firearms. Dark glasses shaded their orbs from the sunlight, along with a helmet on each of their heads, as it shone behind the trees, another male coming from the door.

"Agent Rouge, Agent Shadow. Pleasure to meet you again." He greeted them.

"It sure is, Commander." The bat spoke, before turning towards the grey hedgehog, which had placed a hand on her hip and a frown etched on her face.

"Is this the hedgehog?" he asked the bat in which she replied with a nod, "Jayde the Hedgehog!" The female tensed slightly, seeming to stand taller as the gentleman walked towards her. She shook his held out hand, a confused look on her face. Shadow huffed, crossing his arms as he rolled his orbs at the pale bat, why did she do this?

"Uh, I believe that's my name?" Jayde answered the man.

"I'm the Commander at the Guardian Units of Nations." he introduced himself, making the female's eyes widen, "Rouge has told us about your potential of becoming another of our agents alongside Shadow and herself because of the multiple abilities you possess."

The grey hedgehog glanced at Rouge who nodded and smiled slightly at her before responding to the Commander, "Y-You want to make me... an agent?" Jayde, to say the least, was shocked at this opportunity. Her life had changed so much in so little time. From becoming a Protector of the Seven Shard to now given an opportunity to become an agent?

The Commander nodded towards the young hedgehog, "As you're about to enter Dr Eggman's base, we will study your techniques and ability in combat to see if you're liable in being an agent."

Jayde looked at Shadow and grinned. She'd be able to work alongside her friends and become an agent with her skills. The hedgehog nodded towards the Commander who stood straight and flicked his fingers. A young woman appeared from the helicopter, carrying a black jacket and black jeans.

"This is some GUN agent clothing for you. These clothes are specially designed to bypass any heat sensors or invisible security lasers Dr Eggman may have. They also connect with your inhibitor rings and turn invisible as you choose." The Commander spoke as the clothing fell into Jayde's arms. She looked towards Shadow again who opened one of his eyes. He smirked at the female and watched as she turned and ran behind a tree.

The Commander chuckled. He could see she relied highly on the Ultimate Lifeform to make sure she was doing the right thing, "You look after her, Shadow." The black hedgehog tensed slightly unwrapping his arms as he stood to attention to the Commander, "She trusts you." Shadow nodded.

The red echidna stood grumpily between Shadow and Rouge, muttering under his breath, "I don't get a fancy costume."

The bat grinned at his jealousy before pinching his cheeks, "Aw, Knuckie, you look handsome without GUN clothing." Knuckles' face heated up as he knocked her off and turned away. The grey female hedgehog appeared again, causing Shadow's full attention to turn towards Jayde.

The jacket had high collars that partially hid her muzzle. Two pockets occupied each side at the bottom of the jacket, the wrists slightly thicker as it hid her inhibitor rings. The jeans where thin and stretchy, allowing maximum movement when fighting. Her grey socks were covered by the bottom of her jeans, but she had her usual shoes. Jayde had changed into a dark grey vest instead of her usual black and she held the same gloves on her hands. Around her waist was a firearm belt, equip with a pistol and combat knife.

The young hedgehog walked up to the awaiting people, a grin on her face, "I like it." she spoke, stretching her arms out in front of her. The same woman took back her usual clothes before going back into the helicopter.

"I'm glad you do." The Commander replied, "You already have the earpiece and I assume you lot already have a plan so we are going to let you carry on. We'll study your movements all the way through."

The Commander and soldiers ran back into the helicopter before it took off, leaving the Mobians. Shadow's crimson orbs were still staring at the female hedgehog, admiring how the agent clothing outlined her body perfectly. Jayde turned around, meeting his eyes, her hand scratching the back of her head.

Knuckles noticed the Ultimate Lifeform and shoved an elbow into his side. Shadow glared at the echidna, "Dude, don't stare." He hissed. Ruby orbs widened as he crossed his arms, looking away. Stare? Me? No way.

"Okay, are we ready to go?" Rouge asked, grabbing the red echidna's arms with the communicator on his wrist, calling up the twin-tailed fox.