Back

"What the hell are you doing here?" I gulped. It was my cousin, Jamie, he had blonde hair, hazel eyes and he was quite cute but he was such a jerk.

"Back for you, love," He walked in. "Just leave Jamie," I rolled my eyes. "Oh, your mom's been arrested again, by the way," Jamie said bluntly. "Jamie," I yelled. I didn't want Shawn to know about my twisted family.

"Leave for a sec, will you?" Shawn requested. Jamie walked out and shut the door behind him. "Shawn, I know I look-," I cried. "You look perfect, you are not your family, you are the best girl in the world, okay?" Shawn caressed my cheek. 

"Shawn my, my family, it's a mess, I have too much baggage for you," I cried, wiping my tears. "I have an extra set of hands," Shawn was still as sweet with me. I knew if I continued to do this to him, I would break him.

"Shawn, I can't, I can't go on," I sniffled. Shawn was confused. "I can't be your girlfriend anymore, it'll be too much on you," I cried. "No, please, you can't leave me," Shawn let out a few tears. "Shawn, it's for you," I explained. "No, I need you by my side, please Alex don't do this," He cried.

"I'm sorry Shawn," I opened the door and walked as fast as I could. I sucked up my tears as I heard Shawn call my name. I needed to Escape my reality. "Alexia," Shawn was shouting. I turned to face him.

"Shawn, pl-," Then everything went dark. I don't know what happened.

I couldn't open my eyes, but I could hear everyone. I wound up in the hospital, I got hit by a school bus. My head and legs hurt, some people surrounded me.

"Come on baby, please wake up," Shawn's voice was shaking. I was confused, why was Shawn here? "Please, wake up," He pleaded. I managed to part my mouth. "Where is Grayson?" I managed to speak opening my eyes. "Why do you want Grayson?" Shawn looked confused. "I just want to talk to my boyfriend," I said honestly.

"Doc," Shawn called. "Yes," A man walked in. "Why doesn't she-," Shawn began. "She has slight amnesia, it's probably temporary but it could be permanent, don't pressure her to remember you," The doctor spoke.

"Can you please get Gray?" I asked Shawn. He looked sad. I don't really know why though. 

After a few minutes of agonizing wait, Grayson came in, he had roses and a big brown bag, he was so sweet. "How are you doing?" He asked sweetly. "I don't know, can you get a doctor?" I asked.

Doctor Charles came in with a clipboard and explaining to me. "Your leg, it's pretty damaged, you'll have to walk on crutches for a while and you have slight brain damage, don't do anything to crazy," The doctor noted.

"Thanks, when can I leave?" I asked, eager to disappear. "You can leave tonight," The doctor spoke before leaving. Grayson pecked my forehead and handed me a box of snacks, putting a large smile on my face.

"Thanks for bringing Gray," I looked over at Shawn. He was crying, but I didn't know why. "What happened?" I asked. "My girlfriend," He spoke, I licked my lips in thought. "She must be great, to have a guy like you," I smiled at him. "Thanks but it's not that, she-, she doesn't know me anymore," Shawn sniffled.

"Do you need a hug?" I gave a genuine smile. He came and wrapped his arms around me, I did the same.

----
Check out my new story: Bully {Cameron Dallas} 💕