Chapter 18: Meeting the interesting new manager

I sat up in my bed the next morning, scratching my head and yawning. It's been a week and I haven't seen Andy. Apparently he flew out to see his parents. The day after Remington showed up at Andy's door, Andy had got his number from Loralie and they both got on a plane and left to go talk this thing out with their parents in person. Which in my opinion is awesome, but also a little weird considering just earlier that day Andy had been in denial. But, oh well. I'm bored out of my mind, usually i'm hanging with Andy. But now that he's not here all I have to do is watch Anime and eat. Well Loralie came over a couple times this week but her and Zack are so busy with work and other things. I mean we haven't even talked about anything for the band all week which is retarded in my opinion. We got a record deal and were supposed to be working on our first Album right now.
I groaned and flopped back on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I decided to call Loralie and tell her how I feel. She picked up on the second ring, how could she. She let it go to the second ring, hmph. "Hello!" "Hey Loralie, what's up?" She cleared her throat, "I was uh, a little busy with Zack." My eyes widened once I understood what she meant. "Oh, ew, I don't want to know that. I was just thinking that since we got this record deal now, which surprisingly was easy and I have a feeling Andy persuaded them into it, but we have to start working on our first album if we want to make it anywhere. And all we've been doing all week is sitting around and i'm bored. I don't work and Andy's gone. I need something to do." She sighed, "Alright, we'll get dressed and head over there. Yay, first day in the studio!"
We arrived at the studio later that day, as we all stepped in we were pretty amazed. Andy had told me he would get it all fixed up for us so we would be more comfortable when we started playing. He was right, we felt right at home. Their were band posters of some 80's Rock Bands as well as a couple modern ones. Guitars decked the walls, there was a huge drum set in the corner as well as more guitars on stands. There was two microphones with stands and a couple stools, the rest of it was what looked like chests. Which I could only guess had extra music stuff in it which I would make sure to check out later. The wall paint was awesome but I believe it was already there, it was red with a black floral pattern. I looked over at the others. They were in awe, which didn't surprise me. We all had our own studio, more like Zack's, Parent's garage.
A pretty short woman walked in, she matched Loralie's height. She seemed to be pretty young, maybe in her early 20's or so. I looked her up and down, she seemed to be dressed casually but she seemed to be clinging to her clipboard. I raised an eyebrow at the woman that still hasn't said anything for the past five minutes. Soon she cleared her throat, "Hello, my name is Dot Dottington. But you may call me Dot. Yes I am aware my name is not normal. Anyways, I am your manager seeing as you guys do not have one. I am assigned by the record company." I felt a bit skeptical about this, "Shouldn't you probably be a bit older?" She sighed and switched her weight to her right foot and seemed to tap the clipboard in irritation. "Everyone asks that. I am new to this job, so I am young but I am old enough to have this job." I sighed and Loralie tapped her lip and smiled. "Well welcome!We are Four-Teared Skitzos and I'm Loralie, Star, Zack and Austin." Loralie pointed to each member as she said our name.
Dot smiled a bright smile and then stepped over to the door that led to the other side of the studio where a clear glass seperated both parts. "I'm guessing you guys wanna try out the studio." We all nodded vigorously. She closed the door behind her and stood behind the glass, still clutching at her clipboard. She seemed to be very nervous around us, weird. She seemed to mess with a couple things on a desk that was not able to be seen from my point of view. I walked to the drum set that was in the corner. I pulled out the drum sticks I always carried with me in my back pocket. Everyone got set up and started figuring out how to work everything. Loralie seemed to be confused until Dot came back out, handing her a microphone. She was looking down in embarrassment and I understood how she was feeling.
She hurried back into the other room and we began to play one of the songs we had came up with a while back. I started to forget everything that was going on in my life. I can't wait to have this feeling for a long time, and knowing people will be enjoying the music that we make. It just excited me, soon the song was over. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. The room seemed to be filled with a good energy as everyone was happy. Dot had ran into the room with amazement in her eyes. "That was amazing!" We thanked her as she jumped up and down. I have a feeling I was going to like her.