#26

"Grillby?" I whisper. He is still silent. I swallow and nod, finally understanding. I put my hands in my pockets and lick my lips.
"Alright then, I'll just... be in the hospital lab type thing," I turn around as a lone tear falls. Until an all too familiar flame snags my wrist. I turn slowly, waiting. yell, swear, get upset just do something! And something he did, in an instant his lips were on mine. A kiss full of love, passion, and fear. I kiss him back, fear meeting fear, passion meeting passion, love meeting love. We separate and I just jump up and throw my arms around his neck and pull him close. We squeeze each other tightly, I inhale his scent and hug him tighter. I feel him thread his fingers through my hair.
"I missed you," I feel him breath the words in my ear. "Please, please don't leave like that again," I feel a fiery tear hit my sleeve.
"I'll try my best," I laugh light heartedly. He lets me go and cups my cheek, looking me in the eyes.
"Your still way taller than me," I sigh, snuggling into his chest. He lets out a breathless laugh.
"Yeah, I guess so."
I take a step back and look at him I laugh with tears in my eyes.
"Uh, how's Blaze?" I ask.
"She's nearly eight now."
"But she's still, like, like little right?" I say, starting to feel more like my old self.
"She's bigger, not by much."
I nod and he opens the door, ushering me inside. I see two rather big cots, one messy but empty. The other, a young, green fire monster sleeping. I feel a pang in my stomach.
"She's gotten big..." I raise my eyebrows. Blowing out another large breath.
"She still remembers you," Grillby hugs me from behind. The strands of my hair dancing as his warm exhale washes across my neck, causing a shiver to run up my spine. I cock my head to the side and lean back into him. His face rests in the crook of my neck, it's bliss.
"There's only one cot," he whispers. "If you don't mind sharing?" I feel his light hearted smile against my neck.
"If you think I'm leaving now *yawn* your crazy," I turn around and smile at him. He sits on the edge of the large military strength cot, he lies down. He doesn't even need to say anything for me to lie down with him. With my back against his chest he rests his hand on my waist, for only a moment before his arms snake around me and pull me closer. I lean into him, closing my eyes in bliss. My eyes flutter open one last time, I fall into a seductive blackness with Blaze beside me, and Grillbys arms around me. It's a warm, happy bliss... until the void starts shaking. I open my eyes, Blaze is shaking me excitedly. In an instant I'm on the floor with my arms around the child, she's laughing wildly.
"Where have you been?!?"
"Forget that your too big! How can that be your only 4!?" I say with an obvious exaggeration.
"Actually I'm 8."
"No shush your 4," I poke her nose making her laugh.
"No, I'm 8!"
"Ok, let's compromise your 6-"
"No!" She could barely talk around the large mouthfuls of laughter. She looks over my shoulder.
"Daddy!"
I try not to smile but fail miserably, I drop my head and bite my lip.
"Come on! You said we could see the surface today!"
"Once you've calmed down, then we will."
Something about the calmness of his voice, low and seductive.
"Uh, I have to go to the lab? Get my stitches checked," I shrug.
"So don't wander too far away from the subway entrance."
"You talk like we are separating?" He smirks at me, I look away and blush. We all get ready to face the day and I catch up with Blaze about what's been happening. Having a child's point of view gives the whole war scene a touch of slight innocence. We set out and run right into sans and frisk.