#24

How long have I been out? I open my eyes, I'm hovering in mid air!
"It's who you are!" I turn, its Jackson and... me? Back when my hair was purple, I'm chained to a wall. A memory?
I can see myself, I'm yelling at him.
"I am who I choose to be! Let me go!"
"Not until you surrender yourself to genocide! It's that so simple why can't you see that?!"
"Because your a fucking psychopath!! Why the hell would anyone ever go genocide because they were asked!?!?"
"Because it's in our DNA!"
"I am not you fucking sister!!"
"Yes you are! Blood tests prove it!"
Flashback END!
I'm instantly back in that hospital room underground. I sit up gasping, I have a neck brace and an IV. My heartbeat is through the roof and eyes are fluttering like mad. I can't catch my breath, I swallow but it hits the brace. I hastily pull it off and pull the IV from my arm, I carefully check my neck with the fingertips of my shaky hand. There are several sets of stitches. They are going to leave really ugly scars... I gulp and start to catch my breath, I'm safe, I know where I am.
"Your neck!" my head whips to the door, painfully yanking on my stitches. I look straight ahead and hiss through the pain in my neck.
"Why the hell did you pull off your brace?!" The person says, it's a woman, I've seen her a few times before. She helps me with my brace before it dawns on me, it's Frisk. She gets my brace strapped on and goes for pain reducers.
"No need, Frisk."
She freezes. I can't help but smile.
"You sure delta?" She's unsure of how I know her name, maybe she thinks someone else told me?
"I'm sure, and it's Tesla," I smirk and her face lights up like one of mettaton sold billboards.
"Gonna hug me or what?" I open my arms, mood instantly better than when I woke up. She hugs me tightly, while also being careful of my neck.
"Why the hell did you slice open your neck???" Sans leans against the doorframe. "But it's still good to have you back," he smiled his usual grin.
"Well, most of me," I tap my head with my finger, the three of us laugh.
"Want me to get him?" Frisk asks, my stomach and smile both sink.
"Hey, what's wrong?"
"I- I was gone for two years," my eyes well. "I didn't even recognize him when I got back, I hurt him," my voice was barely a whisper near the end.
"And he's still waiting," sans smiled softly as he sat down on my bed. "Should I get him?"
"Can I get this thing off my neck first?"
"I don't see why not?"
"Sans! She sliced her neck open!"
"And it's been stitched," he retorted. It looks like the couple that ran the orphanage when I was in trouble. I laugh.
"I'll try not to rip out my stitches," I say, realizing that I'm still in my jeans from the park, even though my sports bra has been replaced with a baby blue cotton tee shirt.
I dive my hand into my pocket and feel for the chip, I find it and pull it out. It's stained from blood and that gross yellow fluid.
"The hell is that?" Frisk asks pointing.
"This is what I carved up my neck for," I look at it.
"That thing would have erased your mind?"
"Again," I sigh. "Worth it."
"What's worth it?"
"Carving up my neck, getting this chip out was worth it. Man I need a cigarette," I say the last part to myself.
"Come on kid, I'll give you a lift to the surface," he turned to Frisk. "Can you get her some new clothes?" Frisk nodded.
"Thanks frisk, don't tell anyone I'm awake ok?"
"You got it!"
"Thanks doll," he winks before we stand up and I grab my cigarettes from the counter and we teleport away. I light a cigarette and take a puff, blowing it away before turning to sans, I raise my brow.
"What?"
"Doll?" He blushes. I drop my jaw in a huge grin.
"Is it official?!"
"Yeah," he shrugs. I smile like a little kid and finish my cigarette.
"Damn people, making me believe I was a smoker from before, getting me hooked," I snarl before spitting and stomping out my cig.
"No worries, we can help you," sans puts a hand on my shoulder, we teleport.