#9

After a quick breakfast Blaze runs off to school. I quickly change into some black jeans and a red v-neck. I throw on some makeup and start the day. No one is here yet and everything is all set, maybe it'll just be a quiet day. I sit on the small stage and hum softly to myself. After a while and only a few real customers I start recording on my phone. I start vlogging about whatever and such for a while. After I end the vlog I grab my laptop and set it up back stage. I edit the video for a while and run out to do the few dishes from customers that have accumulated. I hang behind the bar with Grillby and just sort of sway.
"How is your neck?" He asks.
"Better, a little sore mostly," I shrug.
"I'll take another look at it after we close," he says, I nod. We serve some more customers until I get a call from Cindy.
"Hey," I chirp picking it up and walking into the kitchen.
"Hey Tesla, look the reunion is being extended."
"What do you mean extended?"
"Well it's lasting the whole weekend now."
"Why would the reunion last the whole- don't tell me we are doing a show."
"We got a gig! One more show for old times sake!"
"I am not dancing."
"Oh please! We need you!"
"Surely you can find someone else to fill the spot, besides I have a job now."
"You love dancing."
"that was months ago, sorry if I've moved on from dancing like a stripper. I have actually found my dignity."
"That's not what I say from the livestream," my stomach sinks, guess the whole world really does know.
"How many days is it now?" I ask.
"Only three, one for the reunion, one for rehearsals and one for the show!"
"Fine."
"Really?!"
"Yes, but don't you ever bring up the livestream again."
"Deal! See you on the eighth!" She hangs up. I groan and walk out of the kitchen and sit down.
"How did the call go?" Grillby smirks seeing me.
"The dance reunion has been extended to three days, and I've got a gig so I'm going back into pole dancing again apparently!" I flop my head down on the table.
"Again?" He raises a brow.
"It's the style of dance, me and the girls rocked gigs. The group dispatched and we got one final gig at the reunion now," I tell him.
"You are a dancer?"
"I love dancing, ballet, breakdancing, blind."
"Blind?"
"Its like ballet, but I'm blind folded and it's up to my partner to make sure I don't fall on my face," I laugh.
"How long have you been dancing?"
"Since I started classes when I was nine, I haven't been dancing as much recently though," I shrug.
"How many talents do you have?"
"A few, dancing, singing, working. But there are the talents that I don't have, cooking, sewing, I'll never be skinny enough to be a model but that's probably because one of my closest friends is food- I'm rambling," I stop myself. He chuckles.
"I would not take you at the self conscious type."
"I'm actually an introvert, I rarely do livestream like that in person, personally I'd rather sing by myself and read," I shrug. "I guess I'm just a friendly introvert."
He just looks at me, I avert my eyes from his. I sigh and drop my head back on the table. At around eleven thirty the lunch rush starts, I take orders and wait tables. The rush starts to slow down and I start cleaning dishes. I wait more tables and hum as I work. Soon the wave of people washes out the doors, I grab another big bucket of dishes and walk to the back. I hear a young giggle from the sink making me smirk. I finish washing dishes and let the water drain. It's Friday so no more work this week, thank god.
"Got everything?" Grillby asks Blaze. She's got a mini suitcase.
"Yep! And I'll be back on Sunday!" Blaze chirps.
"Where you going?" I ask.
"Sleepover with mettaton," Grillby says as blaze skips out the front door. I laugh and check my phone. It's the 31st, which means the reunion is a week from tomorrow.