#25

We get back to my room to see frisk already back with new clothes.
"Hey um, how long was I out for?" I ask, half not wanting the answer.
"Three days, you might want a shower," I run my fingers through my hair, which is extremely greasy.
"Yeah," I nod. She pulls off my brace and applies a waterproof bandage around my neck so I am shower and am sent to a bathroom already full of stuff. I quickly shower, letting the warm water trail down my back. I close my eyes and I can almost imagine the washroom above the restaurant. Grillby is downstairs helping Blaze with schoolwork or making dinner, and not in the middle of a war. I bite my lip as the tears join the water trailing down me, and if my eyes were jealous of the shower head. I drop my head against the wall and sob silently, not making a sound.
"Neck staying dry?" Frisk calls through the door. I take a quick breath to calm down.
"Yep, be out in a sec!" I call in a fake happy tone. I quickly wash my hair and step out of the shower. Calming myself down as I towel off, I can't let anyone see me like this, they'll think I'm just a weak little girl. I change into the new clothes, black ripped jeans and a dark purple turtle neck. I check the mirror, my hair is a boring black colour, I wonder if the broken down stores might still have hair dye. I mean being realistic, who in the apocalypse is dyeing their hair? Mettaton flashes in my head, I smirk. He totally would but he's a robot. I step out.
"Looking good girlie," Frisk elbows me playfully.
"Tank u," I elbow her back. I have to see him, even if I'm afraid.
"Where, where is he?" I ask, shoulders dropping. I look at my feet.
"You sure your ready?" Sans asked, frisk went ahead and removed my bandage, replacing it with a regular Cotten one, before rolling the collar of the turtleneck back up.
"Yeah," I say breathily. "Just let me get ready first," I turn back to the bathroom. "Heads up, this will take like 20 minutes," I call.
"Be back then!" Sans calls.
I blow dry my hair and straighten it. I do my makeup and stare at my reflection, it's me. I'm me again... I am me... right?
"Kiddo?" Sans calls, snapping me from my thoughts. I step out and we walk together, me sans and frisk. We walk in silence, the occasional low hum from sans, followed by a higher hum from Frisk. I smirk and roll my eyes at them, they are so cute. We get to a small tent with a wooden door, my stomach churns.
"Well, I'll leave you to it, make sure you get back to the hospital and talk to alphys and muffet tomorrow, I'm sure they'll want to see that chip," frisk said. I nodded and they turned to leave. I watched them for a few minutes, they talked and took each other's hand. I smiled and turned back to the door, I gulped and raised my fist. I was just about to hit the wood when I froze, ironic that I'm only actually a door away from a fire monster and I'm frozen. I gulp past the dryness in my mouth and knock. I hear shuffling behind the door making my stomach scream to run the other way. He opens the door lazily before he sees me, he's instantly awake. Guess it's been awhile since he's seen me as me. He's wearing an old pair of sweatpants and no shirt.
"I... um.. i.." I can't process the words in my brain. "I carved out my chip, I've been asleep for three days," I spoke shyly. "And I've starting regaining my personal memories," my stomach instantly looses some tension. "So um," I bite my lip, is he going to reject me? "Let me know if you ever need a dishwasher?" I shrug and attempt a laugh, my attempt failed. He stayed quiet, just staring at me. The silence is like a sick, defining, substance. Like the quiet is so heavy in the air that it bears physical weight on my chest. Please just say something, anything. Is his silence rejection? My eyes tear up, I bite down on my lip.
"Please say something..."