#8

Blaze is still at her barstool while Grillby is just leaning against the bar top, they both have burgers and fries.
"You look refreshed," Grillby says as I blow a piece of hair from my face.
"I feel refreshed," I sit on the stool next to Blaze and Grillby passes me a burger of my own.
"Food, the one true way to a woman's heart," I say taking a bite. "This is really good."
"Glad you like it," he chuckles.
"Guess what miss toriel told the class today!"
"What did she tell you?" Grillby asked with a smile.
"Were having a field trip in a few weeks!"
"Wow! Where to?" Omg Grillby you being a dad is extremely attractive stop.
"The zoo!"
"What you going to see?" I ask.
"The animals!" She giggles, I laugh. We talk more about the zoo and finish eating. Grillby takes Blaze up to bed and I start what I'm assuming is going to becomes routine. Wipe down the tables and bar top, I put up the chairs and sweep while Grillby cleans the kitchen. I lean against the bar and look at him, he looks as tired as I feel.
"How was your day?" I ask.
"It was busy, we've had a lot of regulars now, thanks to you."
"No prob," he stretches he's neck.
"You stiff?"
"Yeah, long day."
"Sit here," I say pulling down a bar stool, he looks curiously. "Sit."
He sits and I start to kneed his shoulders. He is really stiff.
"Fuck, you are stiff," I say. He chuckles and drops his head.
"Your really good at that," he says calmly. I smirk and massage the muscles in his neck and collar.
"Years of practice," I say. He props up his head in his hand. His breathing deepens, more relaxed. We just hang there for a while, no ideas actually how long.
"Come on, let's get some sleep," I flick the back of his head. He stands up and stretches, I put the chair back up and we head upstairs. I duck into the bathroom and change into shorts. I flop down on the side of the bed I've claimed as my own. Grillby goes into the bathroom and in minutes the shower comes on. Isn't he made of fire? How can he shower? After a few minutes the shower turns off. I turn over and plug in my phone and pull out my laptop, I brows online shops for a while not buying anything. The bed shifts as Grillby climbs in. I close my laptop and put it on the nightstand with my phone.
"How do fire monsters shower?" I ask.
"We aren't made of actual fire, we posses fire magic," he says turning off the light. I sigh and throw the blanket over myself. I close my eyes and minutes seem to pass until small hands start shaking me again. My eyes stay closed as my arms snake out from the blankets and Grab the small child. Blaze giggles as she's dragged into a cuddle position.
"I have to get ready for school," she whispers, trying to wrangle out of my arms. I huff and release her.
"Wake up," I push Grillby. He sits up with a small groan.
"What?"
"Go make coffee, Ill get the kid ready," he nods, to tired to argue. We both stretch and I leave the warmth of the blankets and help Blaze get ready for school.
"How are you up before me and your dad every morning?" I ask as We pick out a white shirt and navy blue pants.
"I have a watch with an alarm on it," she points to the electric watch on her wrist. We get back to changing.
"How do you want you hair today?" I ask.
"I don't know," she shrugs.
"Well then, lets ponytail it again."
I do her hair and she runs off to get herself ready. I head downstairs and see coffee, sugar, and cream on the bar top. I grab a cup and add some sugar but no cream and take a sip.
"Yessss, caffeine," I sigh. Grillby comes out with Blaze's lunch bag and a coffee of his own.
"So you and Daddy are roommates now?" Blaze asks coming down the stairs.
"Something like that," I say looking at Grillby.