#10

I close up the restaurant with Grillby and he makes dinner.
"Where'd you learn to cook?" I ask, munching on fries.
"Just practice I guess," he shrugs. "Can you tell me about your dance group? "
"Well," I start. "There are six of us, mark and Sam makes eight. Our routine is about six women who went to jail for murdering our husbands," I say very matter of factly. "Though only five of us are guilty, and we sing about how we killed our husbands," I roll my eyes. "Lot of skin showing, not a kids recital," I laugh. I munch on more fries and talk about life and shit like that. We put up the chairs and wipe the floors.
"Is there anything important tomorrow?" I ask.
"Nope, we can get as many hours as we want," he says with a small smile. I throw my hands up in victory.
"Sleep!" I say ending with a laugh.
"How old are you?" Grillby asks raising a brow.
"Technically or mentally?" I ask causing him to laugh. He does the few dishes from dinner and heads up to shower. I don't think he'll be back down for the night. I walk over to the stage and play my personal music playlist. The beat drops and I pop my shoulders to it, feeling the movements flow with the quick beat. A smile spreads across my face and I dance alone in the small space. The song ends and the next one plays automatically, ride by somo. I remember this one was my favourite to dance blind too. My routine comes to me and my eyes close. I twirl and move but I don't have my partner with me. I let my body flow and just keep moving. With one final twirl I drop to the floor in my final pose. I laugh and open my eyes as the next song comes on, replay by zendaya. I sit on the edge of the small stage and move my arms to the beat, my voice chimes in. I fall backwards and just stare at the ceiling while moving my arms to the beat and singing. Eventually my arms fall and I just sing, a few songs play and I just sort of lay there, staring at the ceiling, just singing along. The playlist finishes and I turn off my phone.
"Lovely voice," I hear Grillby say.
"Thanks," I sit up, he's standing in the doorway to the staircase. I blush slightly and blow a strand of hair from my face, well I try, but I just end up with more hair on my face. Grillby chuckles and walks over.
"Can I check your neck?"
"Oh sure," I say, remembering him say earlier that he would check. He walks over and carefully removes the bandage, the air stings the wound slightly.
"Infected?" I ask.
"Looks like it a little bit, but your body should be able to fight it off," he says as he puts on a new bandage. I nod slowly, I lie back down on the small stage and Grillby pushes the first aid kit off to the side. He sits next to me, my head falls on his shoulder as I take a deep breath. Not a word was said, there were none to be said. It was a blissful calm quiet, I look at him, he seems to be welcoming the change from the rush. I let out a yawn, I could feel him smirk.
"Tired?"
"Yeah," I reply, he nods and we head up, I change into a tank top and shorts. The bedroom window was open, letting in the sounds and smells of spring rain. I lie down and let myself relax to the sounds of the rain. The bed shifts as Grillby climbs in beside me, I hear him sigh.
"Any day now..." he groans under his breath, I feel him tense at the idea of whatever he's talking about. With a huff I roll over to face him. He's lying on his back with his hands over his face, he must really not like what's coming.
"What's wrong?" I ask, he looks at me. I can tell he doesn't want to.
"What's happening any day now?"
"Fire cycle starts," he groans, suddenly going stiff. Guess he didn't mean to say that out loud or something.
"What's that?"