Will You?

A/N: Edward and Bella have been together for about six months now. Sorry to skip so much time, but I promise to keep delivering sweet, private moments between the two. :)

I was relieved and surprised to see that everyone liked what Alice did. I was really afraid it would piss everyone off. *whew* Here's another chapter sense y'all are such rockassmofo's!

Chapter Song: Vertigo by Anya Marina

Edward participated in track and field to stay fit durning off season. (Emmett and Jasper didn't anymore sense this was their last year.) So Bella was back to watching him after school, though they didn't have to be to school early in the morning because track only had one practice.

He competed in many events, like vaulting, javelin throw, and hurdles, but mostly long-distance races. He was the fastest on his team. He was smart too and wouldn't push himself until the last lap. Watching him play football was amazing but this was something else entirely. He was like a...mythical creature. Something so rare and beautiful that he couldn't possibly be real. Oh, but, was he ever real, and vital, and sexy. She cute off her thoughts before she got out of hand and embarrassed herself by moaning or something.

They were weeks away from prom and he'd yet to ask her to be his date. There were many times when she thought he would, like when he'd take her hands and stare into her eyes or take her somewhere private and lovely. But he'd yet to do squat. She couldn't help being slightly annoyed and really nervous. Maybe he didn't go want to prom. But why would he go to homecoming with Jessica, if that was the case?

She jerked herself away from those anger inducing thoughts as she watched Edward cross the finish line way before the other racers. Some rolled their eyes in annoyance while most congratulated him.

He turned and found her instantly. Though the bleachers weren't nearly as full as they could be, there was a good amount of people around her. He still had no trouble spotting her. He smiled wickedly, making her nerves jump. What was he up to?

He whistled. Five other football players that joined track as well rushed to the center of the field and lined up with their backs turned to her. She raised her eyebrows at him, and he simply nodded for her to look back as they were taking off their shirts. What in the world

Her jaw unhinged when she saw what was written on their backs. PROM?

She stared for the longest time, wondering if this was a dream. If it was, it was an absurdly stellar one.

Edward jogged to the bleachers, climbing the bars in the front and skipping up the bleachers. Apparently stairs weren't good enough for him at the moment. She just stared at him as everyone parted in front of her.

He smiled down at her for a moment before sitting down and watching her carefully. "Are you okay?"

She swallowed and nodded jerkingly.

He smiled nervously, scratching his neck. "I know it's a lot and I know how you are about being the center of attention, but I wanted you to remember this moment for the rest of your life."

She looked down as he took her hands.

She looked up after a moment to see his eyes searching her face. "Will you go to prom with me?"

She refused to look anywhere but his eyes. This was their moment. He was right, she wasn't thrilled about everyone watching them, but she had to admit that it was unbelievably sweet that he'd take the time to coordinate something like this and chance the possibility of her rejecting him publicly.