Gravity

A/N: I changed their date from bowling to putt-putt.

This story is flowing now. Hopefully it stays that way. Fingers crossed!

Just to clarify, Bella's been there for a year now. I'm so sorry for any confusion but I'm working the kinks out. Please forgive me.

Two more changes I made was in the second chapter in the note Edward slips to Bella. It's still its same, sweet self but better. I like it because I'm starting to flesh the characters out better and it seems like something Edward of this story would say. The second one is on the third chapter right at the beginning, instead of Article from twelve year ago it's suppose to be nineteen, it's a simple mistake but confusing nonetheless. If you're new and already saw what I'm talking about great, but if you've been here a while go back and check it out the note change if you want and let me know what you think.

Thanks so much,

Phee

Chapter Song: Between the Raindrops by Lifehouse ft. Natasha Bedingfield 

Edward sat in the living room, across from the sheriff, Charlie Swan, feeling at that moment like he was in a room with a see-through mirror in it. Actually, it might of been more comfortable to be in there instead of where he was.

Bella's shoe touched his for encouragement and he didn't mind where he was at all. He'd take whatever Charlie had just to sit there, so closely to her.

Charlie grumbled incoherently to himself before he addressed Edward. "What are your intentions with my niece?"

"I'll treat her well, sir."

"You better."

Bella glared at him in warning, but he ignored her.

"I'm telling you boy, don't think just because she doesn't speak that she can't defend herself. I made sure of that."

Bella blanched, slapping her legs with an enough look directed at her uncle. It was like she wasn't even in the room with the way he acted.

Edward nodded understandingly. "Of course, I'm glad you did."

This didn't soothe Charlie in the slightest, he narrowed his eyes. "And if she has to defend herself, you better believe I'll make you regret it."

Bella stood then, stepping right in front of Charlie. Finally he looked at her. They stared at each other for the longest time. Something shifted in the sheriff's eyes then. So much worry and love were packed in them. He shook his head after a moment before grunting out a, "Fine. Bring her back before ten."

Bella shook her head, eyes boring into his.

"Okay. Eleven and not a minute later."

She smiled, kissing his cheek with a big hug as if she wasn't just fuming at him.

She turned to Edward, granting him the same smile she had her uncle.

"I'll have her back at eleven o'clock on the dot, sir. Thank you."

"Um-hmm." He muttered as he turned the television back on.

They'd been at the putt-putt for an hour and Bella was beating the snout out of Edward.

"A little, huh?" Edward teased in a fake accusing way.

She shrugged, smirking as she landed the last, hardest hole.

Edward tallied the scores then smiled. "You won."

She walked to him to look at the score, then smiled up at him, completely unaware of how close she was. He looked at her lips, really wanting to kiss them, but pulled away. She looked slightly embarrassed but hid it quickly.