8 Years Later

EPILOGUE

We were laying down on the grass, staring at the stars. Despite the amount of mosquitoes and the cold breeze, we were happy. Mine and Caspar's fingers intertwined.

"Zoe? Can I ask you a question?"

My heart starts racing. What if it's a question I can't answer? "Yeah." I reply.

"Did you date me as a distraction for Alfie or did you really liked me?" He asks. I turn to him, only to realise our faces were just a centimetre apart. I didn't want to hurt me, nor did I want to lie.

"After all these years? You ask about him?"

He chuckles. "I don't know, I just..I just want to know."

"Well yes, and no." I reply and he raises his eyebrows. "Maybe I just wanted to get over Alfie really quick but then when we started to date, my feelings developed for you I guess. Although I wasn't completely over him, I loved you. You were different than him and my first boyfriend."

"Oh, good to know. After all, we're m-"

"Mum! Dad! Alex took my doll." Kaylee comes running to us, pointing her fingers towards our 3 year old little munchkin, Alex. We turn to look at him and he giggles.

"Kaylee, treat your little brother nicely." Caspar advices and she whines.

"But Daddy, he's being really annoying." Caspar shrugs. "Mummy, you have to help me on this." She pulls my arm and begs me.

"Alright alright, just tell Alex to return it." With a huff, our first princess walks away.

Caspar and I laugh. "It's been a great 5 years with her." I smile.

"And many more to come."

With the sqealing voices of our children in the background, and the seagull by Brighton, we pressed our lips together.

"I love you, Caspar Lee."

"I love you too, Zoe Sugg."

THE END