14: A Shopping Spree

[ Zoe's POV ]

As I took my first step out of the restaurant, I felt like another person - another Zoe. I felt safe. My anxiety became better. I didn't worry as much anymore because I knew Caspar was always beside me. He was mine. 

I felt special walking next to him, whilst our fingers were intertwined. I just hate how this reminds me so much Alfie and I. Why the hell can't I erase that name from my memories? All this just reminds me of our first dates together. I should be having a fun time with Caspar. I should be proud to be with Caspar but some part of me didn't want anybody to know about our relationship.

"Caspar?" I look up to him. My eyes were only at his shoulders, he was incredibly tall!

"Yes, Zozeeboo." He pinches my nose and I giggle.

"Can we please keep this a secret for a while?" He smiles. "Like us, you know...together. I'm not ready for any more rumours at the moment." I sigh. I didn't want him to think I was embarrassed to be seen with him. I just wasn't ready yet.

"Of course, baby girl. It'll be better anyway if we keep this to ourselves, Joe and Louise." He kisses my forehead.

"AHEM!" I hear a scoff from Joe. We paused and turned around. "What did I say about all that bunch of baloney?" He remarks. At first, we thought he was serious, but then both Louise and Joe burst out laughing. Oh, Joe.

☁︎

As we continued walking, I saw H&M to my right. I squealed out of excitement. It's been a long time since I stepped in H&M. I dragged Louise along with me while the boys slowly trailed behind. We literally tried on everything, even when the staff at the fitting room shot us weird looks.

Once our shopping bag was full, it was time to check out so we joined the line. At that moment, I saw the jewellery section - one of my favourite sections in H&M.

"Louise, could you hold this for a minute?" I pass her my shopping bag. "Save a spot for me, I'm going there." I pointed to the jewellery section and went straight to the display with rings.

Most of the rings were beautiful but all of them were too big to fit my tiny little fingers. Most of them were too loose, except you know those colourful kids one. I finally gave up since none of them fit me so I went back to the cashier but as I turned around, Louise wasn't there anymore.

Where's Louise? Did she leave without me? Why didn't she call me, at least? I start to panic, fumbling my bag for my cell phone until I heard giggles from outside the store. To my relieve, the giggles were coming from Louise, Joe and Caspar. Thank god they didn't leave me. I went to Louise and playfully punched her in the shoulder.

"Why'd you leave me behind?" I whine.

"What took you so long?" She laughed and passes me four plastic bags full of the things I had placed in my shopping bag.

"Sorry, how much was it again for my things?" I search my bag for my wallet but she places her palm on mine.

"Free!" She exclaims. "I wasn't the one who paid. It was Caspar." She adds. I turned to Caspar who was beaming.

"Caspar," I nudge him. "Why?"

"Zoe, I'm your boyfriend. I should spend a little bit of cash on you sometimes right?" He pinches my cheeks and my eyes open wide.

"You should have told me earlier. Oh no, I got too many things and you had to pay for them." I claim with a worrying look on my face. How was I ever going to repay him?

"I didn't have to pay, I wanted to." He hugs me tightly. "Don't worry about it anymore, baby girl."

"Oh stop it, you two." Louise imitates joe. "All this bunch of baloney."

✄ ✄ ✄

Yay! Hope you enjoyed this chapter - Zoe and Caspar's first night as a couple! And who can forget about Joe and Louise who are third-wheeling?

[ by harper gray ]

[ updated : april 24th 2017 ]