9: Our Walk

[ Gabi's POV ]

How can my life get any better? Dating the one and only Alfie Deyes? The ex-boyfriend of Zoella? Wow, I never thought I could get all this way. Due to the trends and hashtags people have created, I've reached 1 million subscribers. Almost every article in the media was about us and people finally recognise me! They were constantly asking for photos and autographs. I've been longing for my career to explode like this and gets the recognition it should. There's no way I'm letting Alfie and Zoe get back together.

"Hey, Alfie. Can I tell you something?" I shifted closer to him.

"Sure, sweetheart." He stares at his computer.

"Um, it's about Zoe." The moment I say her name, he groans. "She says that you're really attention-seeking?"

"What?" He turns to me. "The bitch said that that?" He raises his voice and I nod. "What can you expect from a desperate person like her?" He scoffs.

"Not only that. She also said Poppy was immature."

"What the heck? And she still acted so nice in front of her?" He slams his computer screen down and stormed upstairs.

"This is going so well." I snicker. It has obviously made him hate her so much more.

☁︎

[ Zoe's POV ]

"I have to learn to accept myself and my life. If there's nothing you can do, forget about it. Sometimes, I wish I hadn't gone into that stupid little cafe. None of this would have happened. 

The room felt so stuffy and it wasn't helping with my anxiety so I decided to take Nala on a walk. 

"Come on, Nala." I attach a harness around her.

"Hey, Zoe." Caspar comes in from the balcony. "Can I come too?"

"Sure, I really need some company as well."

☁︎

The first five minutes of our walk was filled with awkward silence. The only noise coming from Nala's heavy breathing. It stayed the same until Nala started barking at a butterfly which startled Caspar and I. We laughed it off, and then it became awkward again.

"Caspar? Have you ever felt out of place before?" I ask. I don't even know why I was asking him this, but I needed to know an answer. "Like the whole world just wants to attack you and you have nowhere to run?" He thinks for a moment at the complexity of my question.

"Yeah, everyone has. In fact, everyone would have at least felt that once in their life. There's no perfect person in this world." He realises I was still thinking about the whole Alfie and Gabi thing. "Besides, it's not your fault? Why should you care?"

Nala went for a wee by a patch of grass so Caspar and I sat on a bench.

"I don't know." I shrug. "I just want to wake up from this terrible dream but it's the same old more again and again. This is all my fault!" I exclaim and started crying out of frustration.

"No Zoe, it's not your fault." He leans closer to me. "They don't know what happened. Only you and Alfie knows. Don't worry okay? I'm here." He pulls me for a tight hug. I enjoyed his hugs. I don't know why but, his hugs made me feel safer than I was with Alfie.

Caspar wiped a tear that trickled down my eyes. We stared at each other and leaned in closer. For that moment, just for that moment, I thought it would feel right. To finally do it.

"ZOE! CASPAR! Oh my god!" Two voices shouted at the same time.

I grit my teeth. This could have been a perfect moment why did these two voices have to ruin this. 

✄ ✄ ✄

Guys, I promise this is a Zaspar fanfic and it's getting there. Also, thank you so much for the votes on my previous chapter. You are amazing! Thank you, thank you.

[ by harper gray ]

[ updated : april 24th 2017 ]