25: The Zoe I Know

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER

Zoe has calmed down now, and she felt so much better with Caspar by her side. They were sat on her couch, eating popcorn and continuing Teen Wolf. But they both weren't paying close attention to the show. 

"And he indirectly said he dated me, to be popular," Zoe says, telling Caspar what had happened before he came. She was still terrified by Alfie. On the other hand, Caspar was fuming. Even though Alfie was stronger than him, every muscle in Caspar's body told him to confront Alfie, which will, of course, lead to more than confronting. "Caspar, don't do any silly things will ya?" Zoe notices his heart rate increasing as she was laying on his chest.

"I won't." He calms down, brushing his fingers through her hair. "Just don't think about him anymore. Okay?" He asks and Zoe nods. Somehow, she managed to lose all feelings she has ever had for Alfie. Caspar's kiss changed her.

"That was our first kiss." Zoe breaks the silence. "Ever since we were together, that was our first kiss." She looks up towards Caspar.

"And that was my best." He smiles as he notices Zoe's beautiful blue eyes again. 

An hour passed and Caspar had to leave. Zoe was back to relaxing on her couch with Nala. And even though one of her favourite movies was on, she couldn't stop thinking about the kiss and how he saved her. She smiles to herself every time she thinks about him. His name, his face, his lips. She felt safe around him. She wanted to be around him. 

She went towards her kitchen, realising that Caspar had clean up the broken glasses that she had knocked over. And then she noticed something. A fruit bowl, which she had never remembered buying. It wasn't hers. She thought for a second and realised, Louise!

Zoe rushed to her phone. "No, no. I can't lose Louise too." She tried so hard to not think about the words she had said to Louise, but her mind couldn't get off that.

Get out of my face, Louise!

It took her a little hesitation to dial Louise. What if she doesn't want to talk to me? What if she hates me now? Well, it was Zoe who caused this, the only thing she felt right was doing was to fix this. Her fingers shake as she presses Louise's name in her contacts. She places her phone next to her ear, and the phone stops ringing. 

"Hello? Zoe?" Louise answers. Although Zoe had practically chased her out of her home, Louise was worried sick.

"L-Louise." Zoe's voice trembles. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." She apologises, wiping a tear.

"It wasn't you. You were panicking. It's fine." Louise had just ordered a coffee at Starbucks, but she was determined to head to Zoe's apartment. She grabbed her coffee and went straight into her car, whilst Zoe waits patiently for Louise. 

☁︎

"I'm sorry." Zoe pleads. "For everything I've done. Troubled you and then just shut you up like that. I shouldn't have done that to my best friend."

"You'll never say sorry ever again, okay?" Louise hugs Zoe's trembling body. "Listen, Gabi called me. She wants to say sorry."

With that, Louise grabs Zoe's phone and places it in her handbag.

"You are not going to meet that bitch."

Zoe laughs. "Okay, my over-protective friend. Sure, I won't."

"That's the Zoe, I know." Louise smiles and squeezes Zoe's arms. 

☁︎

And we're done. This is the very last chapter of my debut story. However, there will be an epilogue that I'll post in a few days and the author's note will come along with it to appreciate you little beans. Thank you all.