10: The Live Show

[ Zoe's POV ]

There were two girls running towards our direction. By now, I could tell they were viewers of mine and Caspar's as they are beaming with joy.

"Hello, nice to meet you!" Caspar and I gave both of them a hug.

"Nice to meet you too! Oh my god, can we please do a very quick interview for my blog?" The shorter girl asked. 

Caspar and I looked at each other, smiled and nodded to them.

"Sweet!" Her friend flipped out her phone, whilst she asked me some questions. "So, how did you manage to reach 9 million subscribers?"

"Well, it's all about not giving up and chasing your dreams even if it takes 10 years. You have to do what you love." I respond and she smiles.

"Okay...what happened to you and Alfie?" As soon as I hear that name, I froze. I wasn't expecting this from an 11-year old!

"Zoe's not going to talk about this right now." Caspar jumped in, but I am not keeping quiet any longer. I can't hide the truth.

"It's fine, Caspar." I calm him down. "All of you who are watching this, I'll be doing a live stream tomorrow at 8 pm. You will all know the truth then." I said and with that, I gave the girls a hug and waved goodbye.

"Zoe, what are you doing?" Caspar catches up with me after giving two girls an autograph.

"You heard it, a live video." 

"Alright...what are you going to say then?" He asks and I think.

"The truth."

☁︎

I couldn't eat or talk or do anything for the whole night. I laid in my room, my head filled with anger and confusion but I was no longer going to feel sorry for Alfie. 

I took out a notepad and listed everything I was going to say, leaving some parts private such as who the person was outside the cafe. I didn't want them to start blaming Caspar. Surely, my viewers would understand. 

[ The Next Day ]

I couldn't even sleep last night. As soon as I woke up, I went on Twitter and as expected, everyone was asking if I would still be doing a live stream tonight.

[ @Zozeebo tweeted: ]

Yes, the live video is true! I'll be having it at 8 pm tonight. Stay tuned ;)

Posted 8:23am

I was excited but nervous. Some of my friends had also texted me to ask if I was okay. I was definitely not okay, but hopefully, I would be okay by the time I finish the live stream. I just wanted to flush out all my anger.

☁︎

The day went by quickly and the next thing I knew, I was seated in front of my computer at exactly 7:58pm. I had borrowed Louise's computer. I went on YouTube and logged into my account. 7:59pm. I click on the live cam button, waiting for the clock to tick for another 50 seconds. As soon as the clock striked 8, I paused. Was I really going to do this? Yes. I pressed the button and got more than 12,000 viewers instantly.

I took a deep breath.

"Hey, it's Zoe. Zoe Sugg. It's me live and on YouTube. No return engagements, no encore and absolutely no requests. Get a snack. Settle in. Because I'm about to tell you the story of my week, more specifically, what happened to Zalfie."

I began talking about the day I 'ran' away and how Alfie blew up for absolutely no reason. At first, my comments were supportive. There were obviously some hate comments which I tried my best to ignore. However, one comments caught my eye.

[ @koalabear252 commented: ]

ZOE. Alfie uploaded a video just 30 minutes ago. Mind if we get your reaction in this livecam? It's absolutely up to you. As said, you were going to give us the truth but what you're talking about right now is nonsense. 

Posted 6 seconds ago

Nonsense? I was trying so hard, and people still think like this? The name 'Alfie' chanting in my head over and over again. 

Afraid of what the video was about, I brought my laptop downstairs where Joe, Caspar and Louise were. I needed them to watch the video with me just in case I couldn't take it. I click on Alfie's YouTube channel and there was a video recently uploaded titled: Why ZozeePoo is a Liar.

Zozeepoo? Liar? If the title has already hurt me, what about the video itself?

"Hey chumps, it's Alfie. So as you can see by the title, I'm going to tell you why Zozeepoo...Zoella...Zoe, whatever you wanna call her. I'm going to tell you why she is lying." I was already starting to tear me up but Joe managed to calm me down. 

"Ooh and if you do not know who the bitch I'm talking about is, here is her picture." A picture of me popped out on the screen. There were the same devil horns on my head which made me look evil.
"So here is the story. Short and simple yet all this had to happen. I was out with Chai and I saw Caspar and Zoe hugging." No, why did he have to mention Caspar! "They hugged tightly and as her boyfriend, I felt uncomfortable. When she came home, I asked her nicely 'Why she was with Caspar?' but she shouted at me for no apparent reason, pushed me really hard and left. I was so confused and I didn't know what to do. So then she never talked to me. I texted her multiple times but she ignored me. So yah. NEVER GET A GIRLFRIEND LIKE ZOZEEPOO." He laughed.

WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK? I was left in shocked. My mouth was wide open and so was everybody else's around me. He is such a filthy liar. Just then, I remembered that my live stream was on and probably all my 19,000 viewers have just seen my reaction. 

Lots of the comments were 'Is it true?'. I couldn't continue this anymore but I have to show Alfie that I'm not his puppet. I'm going to end this live show but I did something without thinking. My emotions got control of me and it happened.

"No. None of this is true. You're such a filthy liar, Alfie. You know it. Nothing he said was true. But you know what is true? I hugged Caspar, yes and I enjoyed that 20 seconds of my life. Caspar made me happy not that filthy liar. I hope you'll rot in hell with your disgusting lies."
I slammed my computer screen and started crying. Its all out now. There's no way I'm getting those words back. They're all over the internet. What have I just done?

✄ ✄ ✄

Hello! I'm sorry I've not updated in a while but this is a long chapter so hope you enjoyed reading this!

[ by harper gray ]

[ updated : may 20th 2017 ]